T6.1 Kombi Interior Removal

Sunshine_GB

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

I am planning my sound deadening project for when my T6.1 turns up, however whilst I have all the tools I have not found is any guides in what to remove first. For example floor, roof liner etc. I think its fair to say there is not alot to it, just want to make sure I go about it the right way/order.

Any advice welcomed.

Iain

Hi mate and welcome.

Sound deadening wise and insulating there is plenty of videos on youtube (kiravans one is pretty good) etc on the method and products to use, take it your sorted on that front? Forum search will throw up loads of guides and pictures on here.

I personally removed the whole lot out the rear when I did my t6 kombi, its pretty quick to do and saves switching between jobs. Thats the factory pannels, roof liner, door panels, rubber floor and seats. You will need a 10mm spline bit to remove the factory load tie down points. I stacked it all in my shed until i had finished it before putting back in.

I did the cab seperately as i wanted the van to be drivable as much as possible and the cab elements are seperate to the rear headliner etc.
Hope that helps

To be fair there isnt really a right or wrong way to do it just easier all at once

Thanks David, yeah I am good with the process it was more if there was a right or wrong way to remove the trim in a certain order. I like the approach you took just wondered if there was any no-go ways etc.

If you are planning to upgrade or swap your rear lights (you may already have full LED or not want to so ignore me) I would be tempted to do it before you insulate as access to the rear D pillar is easier without the insulation in the way, just a thought! Thats what i did anyway

Hi all, how do you remove the scuff plate, got the torx screws out but it seems fixed around the door catch in the middle. I don’t think you need to remove the catch as the one screw isn’t really accessible?

image.jpg

Hi All,

I am planning my sound deadening project for when my T6.1 turns up, however whilst I have all the tools I have not found is any guides in what to remove first. For example floor, roof liner etc. I think its fair to say there is not alot to it, just want to make sure I go about it the right way/order.

Any advice welcomed.

Iain
If it's a Kombi with the rubber floor mat, insulating the floor won't make much difference (except add cost and weight to the van). In the rear, I just removed a panel at a time. Once I'd done the sides, I did the whole ceiling in one. I found it easier removing ceiling liner fasteners working away from the central bit, as the card/panel slots into that, so stays up even with fasteners removed. Are you carpeting the lot, or just insulating behind the panels and replacing the originals?

Last edited:
Back