T6.1 internal tailgate release button not working [Resolved]

bttb

Garry
T6 Pro
Hope you can help me out.

T6.1 on a 70 plate.

I'm having an issue with the internal tailgate release button.

External the tailgate opens as normal with the handle issue is just when I pull the internal toggle button it doesn't open.

I've used previous threads to eliminate the motor , actuator and wiring of the tailgate.

I have attached photos of the internal electronic switch inside the tailgate release for information.

When I short pins 1 & 3 out on the pcb the tailgate release opens , but not if I press down on the rubberised cover which seems to have small contacts that should be pushed down on to the pcb when the internal tailgate toggle button is pulled.

Is there anything else I can try or do I just need to buy a new switch , I a little miffed off that a £50k transporter can develop an issue like this and its only 9 month old.

I'll keep my fingers crossed someone on the forum can help me.

Thanks in Advance

Garry

20210919_153038.jpg

20210919_152702.jpg

20210919_154932.jpg

This thread just saved me a heap of pain. Had exactly the same problem. Had the panel off, traced the wires, been researching new switches etc. Then found this thread and found the child lock toggle!

I have a 67 plate T6 and the internal Tailgate release is not working. It’s a new van to me however it looks like the issue has been there a while as there is evidence that the switch has been removed from the housing. The external release switch does work so I am able to access the load space. The van is a highline with dual electric sliding side doors both of which have child locks on, however, the tailgate does not have a child lock fitted. I downloaded a manual and hunted through the many wiring diagrams and found what looked to be the correct sheet.
The internal switch has three pins 1,3 & 4. Pin 1 appears to be the common, pin 3 is for the illumination and pin 4 the switch. If I shut the tailgate, remove the switch and short pins 1 & 4 nothing happens. No noise. The diagram suggests that the wires for both the internal and external switches appear in a connector (17) which is in the A pillar. Before I dig in to that is there anything anyone can suggest i try? I really don’t want to have to pull or the trim out :(

Back