T6.1 Gloss-black Front Grill

Jimi

Anyone had there original plastic grill sprayed black? I think for the T6 you could buy an ABS replacement gloss black grill but doesn’t look like much choice for the T6.1 from what I’ve seen.

If you have had your original plastic grill sprayed has it lasted, does it look good, did spraying it gloss black look as good as replacing the original grill with an ABS plastic alternative.
Thanks

141C6762-DC71-4783-AB83-C5967CCB3F8D.jpeg

B16C8FEC-4379-41FF-9429-CC9D3FE4C315.jpeg

2023AE4E-810C-4871-BB46-2085E77F6EF6.jpeg

Nice job! Is that sprayed?

Did you spray the VW badge or replace it with a black one

Did you also spray the pin stripe line or use a vinyl sticker?

The pictures you posted look particularly good

Greetings Bognor Motors, I visited by local Bodyshop today and have booked by van to have the front grill sprayed gloss black next week. If you were closer I would drop my van to you as the work looks first class in the photos.

Can you/anyone else advise if the large black square under the VW badge (see picture) is some kind of sensor and if it is spray painted with the rest of the grill will it affect its operation.

Thanks

T6.1 Grill.jpg

:fast rofl:
We’ve been doing Transporter this way for years with zero problems. We do it properly. :cool:
and i have been doing this all my life, 52 now, how do you prep all the corners on all they tiny right angles? and dont say you use plastic primer

We’ve done quite a few now. They come out really well. Fiddly to take apart but IMHO they come out really well
Are the chrome strips removable, separate parts? Do you think you can get them off intact without removing the bumper? I have 2 stripes, the thick one and one above it.

and i have been doing this all my life, 52 now, how do you prep all the corners on all they tiny right angles? and dont say you use plastic primer
I took my front grill and all the other pieces down to my friends spray shop yesterday. He didn't want to spray them gloss black for me as he said they are pain because of the textured finish and there is no guarantee how long it will last. He also mentioned problems in the corners . I asked him to just do it anyway and we'll see how long it lasts.

I took my front grill and all the other pieces down to my friends spray shop yesterday. He didn't want to spray them gloss black for me as he said they are pain because of the textured finish and there is no guarantee how long it will last. He also mentioned problems in the corners . I asked him to just do it anyway and we'll see how long it lasts.
Keep the power washer away from it

I’m going to be getting the gloss black upper and lower grill. I haven’t got fog lights so would the existing covers need to be sprayed or wrapped as the fills don't come with the set! I’m buying from Transporter hq.
Any advice much appreciated.

B3692A57-1533-4503-8093-BA97AC2324D4.jpeg

Back