T6.1 Front Floor Mats and Seat Covers

Highland Dog

VIP Member
Ladies and Gents

I have just taken possession of my new van ( 6.1 ) and am looking for some advice on decent quality front floor mats and a full set of seat covers
( single front seats with 2/1 split rear seats )

The front of the van has the fitted VW carpet flooring to which I want to add some extra protection and I need seat covers to protect my new leather seats for when I have to go to the local tip ( with increasing regularity ) along with protection from the dogs.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully this is posted in the correct section.

Regards

For cabin mats look at Kiravans. I have one in the front and it is very hard wearing, and they sell different shapes for LHD/RHD, 2+1 or 1+1 seating. They also have mats to fit with their twin swivels or not.
I can't advise on seat covers, but someone will be along with suggestions soon.

Thanks to both re your replies.

will the VW Heavy duty mats fit over the fitted carpet, do they have to be secured with the locking pins through the carpet?

My heavy duty matts sit on top on my Kiravans carpet. I have a shuttle so have a cabin carpet as well. I do not find the rubber Matt's move at all in the carpet..they have two holes at the rear where they might be secured to the floor but I don't use them.
IMG_20221024_152454.jpgIMG_20221024_152442.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AKG
I asked the same questions about 6 months ago and was recommended to go to Waterproof Seat Covers | Vehicle Seat Covers | Seat Covers for my seats, still struggling with what to do for floor mats.

I trusted the advice on here and got a full set for all of the seats in our shuttle. I couldn’t be happier with them and best of all they are UK made , have a 2 year warranty and with great customer service.

if you are not sure then be aware of something that made my mind up for me. They have a policy where you can return anything you purchase from them for a refund for up to 3 months for any reason at all.

I also have recently brought a T6.1 and brought my car mats from simply car mats. They do them with and without locking pins. Very helpful and quick service. Rubber is probably not as thick as other options that have been suggested. Pleased with them so far.

Also looking for seat covers but not found any yet, sorry not much help on that front.

592AA4CE-7783-46BE-8B6E-9A59900180C3.jpeg

B9D8DB0C-5035-4D46-B8E4-25A359A4EBBC.jpeg

FE135068-619D-440E-8BC5-148033C5DD19.jpeg

Thanks for the info on the mats.
with regards to the seat covers, if you look further up the thread you will see a link provided by Member Brabus to a UK based company Turtle Seat Covers, they have the full set in a range of different colours, I am current awaiting the arrival of a set for my Kombi.
Perhaps they will have what you are. Looking for.

Thanks for the info on the mats.
with regards to the seat covers, if you look further up the thread you will see a link provided by Member Brabus to a UK based company Turtle Seat Covers, they have the full set in a range of different colours, I am current awaiting the arrival of a set for my Kombi.
Perhaps they will have what you are. Looking for.
Thank you very much. I will have a look.

Hi all,

Has anybody ordered from rugs for bugs before? If so, how long after payment did they take to arrive?

Back