T6.1 fader using VCDS is now available

Has anybody actually worked out the coding on the Discover Nav System (3G5035820) with VCDS as of yet? I'm still of the opinion it's not coding but rather Adaptations.

I know the Composition Media (3G0035869B) can be done under Long Coding on the 5F but the Discover Nav has got me scratching my head, a lot!

If last December I used the new version 20.12 and it keeps giving me the same problem "unsupported vehicle" maybe the Multivan 6.1 is not yet implemented yet
Sounds more like that you have an old VCDS lead?

Ok so just to finish this thread off...

I couldn't work it out with VCDS but managed to do it with ODIS via SVM Coding (Not allowed to post up the info sadly due to restrictions).

I will keep working on it next time I have another T6.1 to spend a bit more time with it and try again with VCDS.

Video here to show before and after of a T6.1 with Discover Nav and the Fader Activated.

T6.1 rear speaker coding on VCDS is possible for both head units - We have had the odd Discover media not accept, but on the whole it works

It's done in adaptations

Obviously do an auto scan first and save it. We do this alot for our customers. That said we are not responsible for anything you do this is free advice only.

ENG248428-ENG248530-function_configuration_audio-channel_1_TT,not installed , change this to installed.

ENG248428-ENG248604-function_configuration_audio-channel_4_TT,not installed , change this to installed.

This activate left and rear speakers if you installing coaxials if it's components there's 2 other channels to turn on but I need to look at my notes.

ENG248428-ENG248818-function_configuration_audio-Signal_flow_topology, the value is 10 change this to 20. This turns on the fader.

Restart the head unit by either ticking the soft reset box before clicking the do it button for the fader or press and hold the power button for 30 seconds so the unit restarts but do this once all the Adaptation changed have been done.

Hope this helps. I got jumped on by some guys on another forum for giving out this info. But as a business I don't see the issue. If you have VCDS people will figure it out eventually.

It's done in adaptations

Obviously do an auto scan first and save it. We do this alot for our customers. That said we are not responsible for anything you do this is free advice only.

ENG248428-ENG248530-function_configuration_audio-channel_1_TT,not installed , change this to installed.

ENG248428-ENG248604-function_configuration_audio-channel_4_TT,not installed , change this to installed.

This activate left and rear speakers if you installing coaxials if it's components there's 2 other channels to turn on but I need to look at my notes.

ENG248428-ENG248818-function_configuration_audio-Signal_flow_topology, the value is 10 change this to 20. This turns on the fader.

Restart the head unit by either ticking the soft reset box before clicking the do it button for the fader or press and hold the power button for 30 seconds so the unit restarts but do this once all the Adaptation changed have been done.

Hope this helps. I got jumped on by some guys on another forum for giving out this info. But as a business I don't see the issue. If you have VCDS people will figure it out eventually.
SO, if I wanted to use the rear speaker outs as inputs to an amp to run a sub then following these instructions will switch on the head unit rear out.
I have the standard head unit in a highline T6.1?

Thanks in advance.

SO, if I wanted to use the rear speaker outs as inputs to an amp to run a sub then following these instructions will switch on the head unit rear out.
I have the standard head unit in a highline T6.1?

Thanks in advance.
You can yes but depends on the sub and amp as some amps do not like an already amplified signal

Hi, I have a Multivan 6.1 from 2020, a "basic" stereo with 4 front speakers and I would like to install 2 rear speakers, could you tell me how I can enable the FADER function with the Vagcom, which modules and configuration I should touch. Thx

Have you a photo of the unit mate

Not actually worked on one of these units yet but I suspect the steps would be the same if not possibly in long coding if using VCDS

Back