T6.1 drivers door hard to close

Chopsey

Hi my T6.1 drivers door need slamming really hard to close properly, is there any adjustments I can do to make this easier?

Many thanks

Has it got the extra (sounds like a golf) door seal fitted or is it all original ?

If it's usually the final door are your slam vents working so there isn't an air pressure issue?

If it's usually the final door are your slam vents working so there isn't an air pressure issue?
I know this seems to be a thing. But I find it hard to believe that these slam vents are needed. Think of the volume of air in the van and how much extra volume of air would be pushed into that space. (It would only be in the last cm or so of closing the door as before that it would just go to the outside. I cant see this tiny extra mass of air increasing the pressure in the van significantly to stop the door shutting. If that were the case, vans with bulkheads in (and so far less volume when shutting the drivers door) it would be almost impossible to shut the door (a bit of exaggeration I know).
I could calculate the estimated increase in pressure using P1 x V1 = P2 x V2 but I am willing to bet it will be far less than a 1% increase so cant be bothered.

try closing the door with the window on a crack and see what happens then, if it's the air pressure it should now just close normal, if it's a seal or bad fitting door then it should still struggle?

It's not just the volume change, big doors are scooping up quite a mass of air as they close and that has to go somewhere. If no other vents it's trying to flow around the door just as the seals are engaging.

I've had it pop the tailgate open in the XC70 when I had problems with that fully latching.

I'd expect it to mainly show up as the door not fully latching easily but often getting stuck on that first stage of latching.

I suspect the rear vents may be more for when there is a bulkhead as the cab should have enough ventilation through, well, the vents, but there are none in the back.

Fronts doors on mine close themselves from the last wee bit with the assistance of the upper hinge spring.
But during the winter when it's been frosty I've had the drivers door cable frozen which prevents the door properly latching closed.

Apparently this is known VW problem and dealers apply 'special grease' to prevent the cable icing up.

Has it got the extra (sounds like a golf) door seal fitted or is it all original ?
Hi there, I’ve got the same issue and it has had the extra door seal fitted.

I’ve traced the route of the seal and it’s identical to the passenger side which closes fine.

From memory, I think the drivers door was more tricky to close than the passengers even before the extra door seal.

Any further advice appreciated.@Chopsey did you manage to get it sorted?

Hi there, I’ve got the same issue and it has had the extra door seal fitted.

I’ve traced the route of the seal and it’s identical to the passenger side which closes fine.

From memory, I think the drivers door was more tricky to close than the passengers even before the extra door seal.

Any further advice appreciated.@Chopsey did you manage to get it sorted?
Hi @Cal4d did you manage to get this sorted? I'm having the same issue

Back