T6.1 Caravelle load light part number / removal?

roadtripper

2021 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have a real twitch about the cold white LED lighting so I'm trying to find spare or second hand OEM lights to try swapping the LED chips to warm white.

Anyone know what the part number for these lights in the load area of a T6.1 MY21 Caravelle is to help search? Are they used in any of the other Transporter variants?

Bonus question, anyone know how to remove them nicely?

20230801_200021.JPG

They are the same as T6 Caravelle, They are easy to remove, just use a very slim trim tool or screwdriver blade and carefully lever out the lens from the right hand side until it is at 90 degrees from its original position and then pull it towards you, I have recently gone the other way and swapped to bright white LED from standard non LED festoon bulbs which were warm white

I have a real twitch about the cold white LED lighting so I'm trying to find spare or second hand OEM lights to try swapping the LED chips to warm white.

Anyone know what the part number for these lights in the load area of a T6.1 MY21 Caravelle is to help search? Are they used in any of the other Transporter variants?

Bonus question, anyone know how to remove them nicely?

View attachment 207963
This looks like what you are after, if still to white you could always fit non LED bulbs (42mm Festoon)

Useful info, ta.

To be clear I'm still intending to use LED for the power/heat benefits but I'd open up the OEM unit and change the LED chips on the PCB to warm white ones - I just find it a nicer light when chilling out by the beach.

But I could also do a bit more hardware hacking with older style lights so long as the physical fitting/connector is the same...

Back