Wanted T6.1 Caravelle 985n Tailgate Gas Struts

Taylorm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
T6.1 Caravelle 985n Tailgate Gas Struts

Please let me know if you have a new pair for sale or anywhere I can purchase a decent set.

Thanks

these uprated or standard? i just put 1200nm on my 4thousand miler t6...
i have the originals.

these uprated or standard? i just put 1200nm on my 4thousand miler t6...
i have the originals.

They should say on the side. I believe 985n are standard on Caravelle’s. If they are, would you sell? Thanks

HI @Taylorm sorry hectic finish of work and then the missis has her "to do list for xmas"...tehe..
found them...and 3 clips..other one be somewhere but im sure you have your old ones (end c clips)
the vans done 4500 miles... what do we thinks reasonable for them?
i only changed as i have put so much sound deadening and insulation in plus the trim accessories that it wasnt enough for the tailgate.
these are the factory fit units from my t32 highline combi.
part number 7e0 827 550b 03s
there is a bit that says 0900n in a lot of numbering beneath the part number?

let me know thoughts :)

Hi @T6DSGChris thanks for checking.

They are the same as what I’ve already got on my van. I also need to change mine for the same reasons.

I see you’ve change me to 1200n, do you have a bike rack on? I wasn’t sure if they would be too stiff without a bike rack on the back. Keen to hear where you got yours from.

Cheers:thumbsup:

T6.1 Caravelle 985n Tailgate Gas Struts

Please let me know if you have a new pair for sale or anywhere I can purchase a decent set.

Thanks
I wouldn’t bother with the 985 struts, I tried them when I sound deadened my tailgate and started bungeeing things to the inside and they were no better than standard so I gave them away to someone on here. Put 1200n struts on when I fitted the bike rack and they’re just about adequate. In the summer they stay up but in the winter when the gas contracts the tailgate sags a bit resulting in the occasional banged head! I might try 1250n ones like Chris but I also saw that someone on here had 1400n struts from somewhere and I think they might be for me.
TL;DR dont go for 985n.

Back