T6.1 Android Auto PIN

Benji46

VIP Member
Hi friends every time I plug my android into the system I get these messages which I can't get rid off...if anyone knows how to sort that will be a big help..its rather distracting !
I stop the vehicle to look and the message dissapears !
Cheers

20220929_083013.jpg

often the default pin is 0000, might be worth checking your settings on your phone

Yes, I'm suffering the same intermittent issue and haven't found a solution.

I also have an apple cable plugged into the second socket and this works fine on my work phone (I only ever have one phone plugged in but do leave both cables in for ease)

I've tried connecting with the Android phone locked and unlocked, before and after ignition is turned on, and plugging in before and after each option. Unfortunately I've not been able to pinpoint a combination which doesn't have the 'PIN required message'.

Oh and I did note that sometimes the SatNav will still work and appears to override the message.

We discussed this the other day but without success.

Let us know if you find a solution...

Mine has done this from new, you press OK and afew seconds later it comes back. Doesn't seem to do it every time. I've just put it down to vw not giving a crap and using the excuse "it's a van" like everything else they seem to do with them

Interestingly I deleted the van from my phones Bluetooth paired devices and then paired it again. Not seen the error since. Might just be lucky up to now, but I'll keep you posted.

Back