T5.1 cigarette-socket fuse

Hawk

Hi everyone ,

I have recently purchased a T5 camper van (2015) and have spent the past week trying to fix the lighter and dash sockets.
So having researched for hours online , contacted the previous owner and the original converter no luck whatsoever in locating the fuse as neither person had ever needed to change it .
The fuse is not under the bonnet near the battery where you have to remove the plastic shield to open the box .
Not under the cup holder near to the gearstick in the vehicle.
Having removed the passenger twin swivel seat and base I though I had at last found it however the fuse was OK
Any help and advice welcome .
ps tried with light on /off , ignition on/off and leisure battery on / off .

Having removed the passenger twin swivel seat and base I though I had at last found it however the fuse was OK
So you are absolutely sure fuse SF11 (15A) under left seat is OK? Do you get 12V at the fuse?
Have you measured the socket frame has got ground connection?
The socket should be energized always - no need to have ignition on.

So you are absolutely sure fuse SF11 (15A) under left seat is OK? Do you get 12V at the fuse?
Have you measured the socket frame has got ground connection?
The socket should be energized always - no need to have ignition on.
Hi,thank you for your reply .
The fuse is ok under the seat but I did change it just in case however taking your advice I checked for 12 v and not a thing !
Do I need to remove the passenger seat and swivel base and explore further or look elsewhere ?

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this. I have a t5.1 and the cup holder cig lighter has never worked. I recently blew the top dash lighter and found the fuse under the passenger seat. I’ve checked every other fuse in the van and all are fine, but just can’t get the cup holder one to work. I’ve just stripped the cup holder out and looks like I’m not getting power to the plug. Any help appreciated. Thanks J

Back