T32 rear damper warranty?

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve just had the rear wheels off and noticed that one of the standard T32 rear dampers with standard springs is very slightly wet with oil. I wouldn’t say it would be enough for an MOT failure and isn’t noticeably affecting the ‘ride’.
I’m just into the final year of my 5 year warranty plan.
Has anybody got any experiences of dealing with VW over failed suspension? I suspect it’s one of the categories that isn’t covered or it isn’t leaking badly enough.
Before anybody suggests an upgrade as a cure, I’m happy with the stock suspension, It’s purely a warranty question.

My guess is that the dealers will say if it's not an MOT failure so it's not faulty.

I'd be interested to see the outcome of this.

I'd book it in to VW for a 'problem with the rear suspension banging over bumps" and see what they say.

If the shock is leaking, then its faulty.... simple.

So you would expect vw to replace the faulty part.

I too have the extended warranty and would expect the shock to be replaced,

I’d agree. Just ‘cause it’s not an MOT failure, doesn’t mean it’s not faulty. They shouldn’t weep. Especially at such a young age.

Worst comes to the worst, people sell T32 suspension for not a lot on here and you could pick up a standard set of low mileage shocks for buttons.

My last t6 had leaky dampers replaced under warranty, it was flagged on its first service by the garage not me, they also replaced rear drive shafts (think there was a recall on those)

I'd be interested to see the outcome of this.

I'd book it in to VW for a 'problem with the rear suspension banging over bumps" and see what they say.

If the shock is leaking, then its faulty.... simple.

So you would expect vw to replace the faulty part.

I too have the extended warranty and would expect the shock to be replaced,
I’ll point it out at the next and probably last VW service and see where it leads. Used T32 suspension is abundant so it’s not so much to do with cost, more a case of getting the manufacturer to fix their shi*, or even better do the Inspection that they are ticking off in the service record.

Back