Swap Captain’s seat to double seat?

Future3

Has anybody removed their passenger captain seat & replaced with bench? Attempted it today but appears my captain seat was original in van therefore insufficient bolts for the double seat! Took covers off under van hoping it would be easy to put new bolts through but seems a lot more complicated than anticipated due to fuel tank! Am I over complicating things thinking I’ll need a garage to do this for me or can it be done??
thanks!!

Air bag will be for a single seat so another consideration. Not a problem when going from double bench to single captains seat.

Thanks for your reply!!
Oh no!! Do you know if this be swapped easily? I’ve searched on the forums but I can’t find anything to say this has been done.
I've already bought the seats & swivel base which is frustrating!

Its all doable - just need to find the right bits. Check out T6Cotswold parts or Kernow Transporters on ebay. If you are doing anything on air bags disconnect the battery for 10 mins before disconnecting the AB.

My double bench had 8 fixings into the floor which were like a stud with a spacer in the middle. The floor had captive nuts to recieve them. The single seat should have 4 of them.

Have you checked if the holes / captive nuts are in the floor pan for the other 4?

Back