T6 juddering at low speed braking to a stop and slow pulling away

Fish340

Hi, I’m new to the forum so any help would be gratefully received
I’m not sure if I’m on the right lines with my 2017 caravelle. I have juddering when pulling up or pulling away gently.
I also have noisy power steering. Whining noise that gets louder full lock.
vw had it in for service and to check many issues and conveniently chose not to check these issues inc noisy electric sliding doors under my investigation fee and said I need to rebook another inspection. (I have no warranty. ) They have offered an £800 2 year warranty with 2 services but I’m a bit sceptical they will find a way for it not being covered.
I’m suspecting clutch flywheel and power steering pump . It’s done 55k but spent its life in London traffic so can’t be great.
I picked it up private recently and I paid for a gearbox service at time of a standard service as vw recommended only to find Heathrow vw had carried out one not so long ago but failed to document it. So it’s had 2. And obviously id paid for one that I never needed to have had if vw done their job properly . Only to find they are all independent franchises so they couldn’t be held responsible for what Heathrow have or haven’t done.
The juddering and whining is driving me crazy!
Any knowledge or recommendations Please?
thanks in advance

Hi - sorry to hear your issues. I’m not really very well versed and others much more qualified than me will pitch up before too long but something I read elsewhere earlier today might be applicable to you:

Topped up the power steering fluid.

I was getting a high pitched squeal when turning the steering when the engine was cold, was thinking it might be a costly issue. Checked the fluid level and it was below the cold mark - topped up and the noise has gone!

I'll keep an eye on it in case there's a leak.

Thanks for my 1st response , vw checked and said it’s fine today. that’s all they looked out without booking it in.
I need to find where the pump is just to check for leaks but if the fluid level is fine I’d assume no leaks.
just to update its a dsg and 204 model I think and I’m already fed up with the start stop especially as the button is miles away
reading a tonne of posts I’m wondering if I’ve have purchased a money pit with these vw vans

Back