Sun Canopy

I've just noticed Outdoor revolution introduced this one for 22, which also looks good. I am now torn as to whether this may be a better option as its driveway and works out cheaper overall than the canopy. Damn!

That shelter has no tunnel door...only the front entrance if your setting up that canopy unit you might as well put up a small awning up .. it would also have a sawn in groundsheet it's then sealed from bugs and rain and less drafty just there's no canopy.

i got the Cayman Cona poled drive away awning.. but there's so much choice out there ... or take a Gazebo with you would give better all round sun cover just more stuff to carry / lug about

i'm sure a canopy could be made 4 poles and guy ropes sitting of front of it if you have the room on a Pitch
and facing the right direction way for it to work. i ll see if my cayman sun canopy will adapt at the weekend

poled is cheaper and if 2 people is easier to put up air beam if your on your own ....

When is a sun canopy a sun canopy and not a drive away awning? :whistle:

I have the debus canopy, the vango Rhone awning and a vango airbeam canopy but I’ve just seen the Kampa awning which allows for 2 annexes to be added and wondered whether this could work as a single package for all needs. But looks quite similar to the awning mentioned above (not cheap though):

I think I would swap both vango canopy/awnings for this (and about £800 back!) but I would still keep the debus as it serves a different purpose. Would definitely put the debus canopy up for a few hours for a picnic (either attached to the van or standalone as a tarp) or for a weekend away as it’s a very useful bit of kit!

amazing how fast it came its already well traveled Team Acapulco taking the lead on the drips.. hahaha

@cgtmiles, Don't know yet as I've yet to offer it up to the rail or awning - plan on doing that tomorrow. Without getting the tape measure out, I think it's a little bit short and if that's the case, I'll probably just cut the right amount from another piece of Figure 8 and leave the long one at 2.4M as I've already sussed out how to stow it in the van in one piece.

@cgtmiles. Stop Press - I've laid my Vango Kela iv out and the kador strip is approx 25mm shorter than the than the 2.4M length of Figure 8 so the answer to your last question is 'no, I'm going to leave it in one piece'. BUT having gone through all this palaver, I'm now beginning to wonder whether throwing the long straps over to the other side of the van and using them might also be a good option. Watch this space as I will probably try both methods next week.

i use my guy ropes over the van it pulls the lid up off the slider door so not touching the canvas and i cut a long 4 M kader to the length of the Reimo rail mines LWB
will order the long figure of 8 and add a short strip ....least it moves the drip up the tunnel away from the open slider Door

Back