Sun Canopy

Dave Potts

Hi

Can anyone recommend a sun canopy to attach to a reimo multi-rail? We have a drive away awning but are after a canopy for short stays. Thanks

Hi

Can anyone recommend a sun canopy to attach to a reimo multi-rail? We have a drive away awning but are after a canopy for short stays. Thanks
We have an Outwell Touring Canopy for those times when we don’t want the full on drive-away jobbie, but need that bit of shelter. It’s not cheap but works well and is really tall so you can actually clear your head in it.
Touring Canopy XL | Outwell
32D13CD9-DDDA-4B94-B5EA-506CC2E5B7EA.jpeg

Does that Outwell Canopy come with a built-in kador strip ?

Thanks,

Pete

I'm using this, only recently purchased but used it this weekend for 3 days.
Handled brilliantly in the 12hrs of rain we had.
Enough space for a small table, cooker, 2/3 chairs and comes with what I think are 3mm / 6mm beads for different rail fitment.
I bought this for solo trips or day trips out with the family. I don't sleep in my van as it's not equipped to do so yet.... and takin the big 6sleeper awning is no point for one person so this solution suits me perfectly.

IMG_1185.JPG

We DIY’ed one by sowing a kador strip onto a cheap decathlon tarp. We’ve got a LWB and we found that the commercial ones weren’t as wide as we wanted.

That looks like the new outdoor revolution unit @ZipcodeUK . I spoke to them at NEC and they said they had nothing like that which is why I bought mine from Outwell. Dipsticks clearly don’t know what they were developing. Does it mount onto the Movelite T5 driveaway that you have?

@Aljon , yes it's outdoor revolution. They about £170 retail.

@DaveyB, indeed buddy.
They launched it about 3 months ago, it's been in the brochures that long! I've just been waiting because there's been no stock. It's perfect for what I need for short trips.
Techline Canopi Lowline - Canopies - Accessories

Regarding mounting it to the T5 awning, I'm not sure really. I mean, although it's not necessarily designed to I can't see any reason why you couldn't use a universal figure 8 connecter and connect it to the side where you would normally connect the T5 awning to the van rail. Effectively making a huge porch area to the side of your awning / tent.

What I did get however was a new 'retro' connector for the movelite canopy that zips onto the front of the T5. What the new connecter does is zip into the sun canopy and then it has a 'bead strip' on the other end..... that way you can now use the small sun canopy on your van rail without the tent. See details below.
Movelite Canopy Retro Connector - Canopies - Accessories = I bloody love it LOL!

The bonus with both these items is that because I have a rail on both sides of my van, I can now use both the Techline canopy on one side of the van, and my small movelite canopy on the other which gives a really nice area around the van for shade or protection from rain etc. It also means I can now go camping for a week and afford to go to the beach for the day and park up and still be able to put a small canopy out if it's hot and we want some shade. Well, thats the plan anyways.

@Aljon , yes it's outdoor revolution. They about £170 retail.

@DaveyB, indeed buddy.
They launched it about 3 months ago, it's been in the brochures that long! I've just been waiting because there's been no stock. It's perfect for what I need for short trips.
Techline Canopi Lowline - Canopies - Accessories

Regarding mounting it to the T5 awning, I'm not sure really. I mean, although it's not necessarily designed to I can't see any reason why you couldn't use a universal figure 8 connecter and connect it to the side where you would normally connect the T5 awning to the van rail. Effectively making a huge porch area to the side of your awning / tent.

What I did get however was a new 'retro' connector for the movelite canopy that zips onto the front of the T5. What the new connecter does is zip into the sun canopy and then it has a 'bead strip' on the other end..... that way you can now use the small sun canopy on your van rail without the tent. See details below.
Movelite Canopy Retro Connector - Canopies - Accessories = I bloomin love it LOL!

The bonus with both these items is that because I have a rail on both sides of my van, I can now use both the Techline canopy on one side of the van, and my small movelite canopy on the other which gives a really nice area around the van for shade or protection from rain etc. It also means I can now go camping for a week and afford to go to the beach for the day and park up and still be able to put a small canopy out if it's hot and we want some shade. Well, thats the plan anyways.
Excellent.

Hi everybody, Proud new owner of a T6 camper and first time poster here. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've just got my first camper (SWB T6 based conversion) and am anxious to buy 'sun awning' for use in the Reimo Multi Rail. The two options that I am looking at are the Reimo Palm Beach and the Debus Sun Canopy (I would probably go for the blue one as the van is Acapulco Blue!). At the moment, the Debus is in the lead as I can't help thinking that the 'domed' construction of the Reimo might be a nightmare in the wind (of which there can be lots in North Devon / Cornwall). Can anybody tell me how either performs please - particularly interested in how the Reimo might stand up to a good blow. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi everybody, Proud new owner of a T6 camper and first time poster here. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've just got my first camper (SWB T6 based conversion) and am anxious to buy 'sun awning' for use in the Reimo Multi Rail. The two options that I am looking at are the Reimo Palm Beach and the Debus Sun Canopy (I would probably go for the blue one as the van is Acapulco Blue!). At the moment, the Debus is in the lead as I can't help thinking that the 'domed' construction of the Reimo might be a nightmare in the wind (of which there can be lots in North Devon / Cornwall). Can anybody tell me how either performs please - particularly interested in how the Reimo might stand up to a good blow. Thanks in advance for the help.
We have the palm beach, it’s fine in a strong breeze, but this also depends on which way the wind is coming. I have had to get up in the middle of the night on one or 2 occasions to drop it. The advantage of the dome is that rain runs off instead of forming a lake.

Salty, Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I'm misreading you but I would be more concerned about a strong wind rather than a strong breeze. One of the sites that we frequent in our tent in North Devon (North Morte Farm) has pitches up a hill with panoramic views straight down to the sea and it can get pretty wild if the weather really turns. When we were there last September it blew a real hoodie and there was more than one tent casualty overnight (but we were OK!). Maybe such an awning doesn't exist, but I'm really looking for a 'fit and forget' which I don't have to worry about before we go to bed and certainly don't want to be up in the middle of the night to sort out! Maybe my use of the term 'sun awning' was a bit misleading - yes, shade to the van would be useful but not half as useful as being able to leave the door open when it's rainy without it coming into the van. Again, thanks for the response - any other view much appreciated.

Back