Sun awning not driveaway tent

helphelp

Hi, I am looking for an awning not a tent that will fix to a track or something, it is just a sun shield and can be easily packed away, I don't really want the large cassette type that is fixed permanently to the roof but don't mind a discreet track fixed to the roof with fabric that can be stored away.
Thanks.

Kiravans railsail, expensive but good

Is the debus water proof???
It’s only nylon sheet so not 100% waterproof, but would keep a shower off you. You can set it up with dropped corners so water runs off rather than pools which helps too.

If not setup to account for the weather the debus can collect big pools of water so I’d say it’s pretty waterproof

I've thought about doing something similar. How do you attach it to the roof bars? I was thinking cable ties that can be snipped off.
if your making your own sew in some velcro strips one half sewn to the awning and the other half so you can rap it round your roof bar and back on the other bit

I've thought about doing something similar. How do you attach it to the roof bars? I was thinking cable ties that can be snipped off.
I put some rivnuts in the roof bar and used some roofing washers I had left over from the leak free roof bar installation. When I’m not away camping I tighten them up so there’s no water ingress into the roof bar. I then just hook on the sail using some clips I had, very quick to put up

B3308BF6-A0B6-44E8-9FB3-253DA1A30C19.jpegBE44F7B9-D3F1-43F8-BF48-E69FEF43078A.jpeg

Thanks. I wouldn't have thought of that. Off to butcher the old caravan awning!
It helps keep the tension on the sail, I tried Velcro and cable ties but found the sail wouldn’t stay taught. For 30 quid I’m happy that it provides some shade for stops where I can’t be arsed to put up my driveway awning

Hi, I am looking for an awning not a tent that will fix to a track or something, it is just a sun shield and can be easily packed away, I don't really want the large cassette type that is fixed permanently to the roof but don't mind a discreet track fixed to the roof with fabric that can be stored away.
Thanks.
Hi I have a new unused Reimo 900151 Palm Beach 2-2.6 probably for sale
From memory complete with two sides but I need to dig it out to be sure.
We bought it put it up on the van but never used it, we had an awning and this Reimo so it was a case of only taking one with us on trip.
Were just in Cornwall, let me know if your interested and I’ll get it out.
Website photo attached
mickw

IMG_2170.png

Had a debus for years it’s ace , I also have a railsail however if not tried it yet

Back