Strange Noise From DSG

DaveS76

T6 Pro
Hi All

Been trawling the posts but can’t seem to find anything on the following issue issue my T6 DSG 4motion has. Closest I can find is DMF problem, but doesn’t seem to be in the scenario I have.

What I am experiencing is a intermittent noise whilst stationary or at very low speeds, once the noise starts moving to neutral, park or reverse does not stop it. Sound is like a belt slipping but a low tone / groan. It doesn’t happen all the time.

DSG service has just been completed on it as well by a independent garage just before I purchased.

Anyone had this and any ideas?

Can you get a video clip of the noise... And post a link to it?

Could be an engine pulley or bearing noise.

If it’s just has a dsg service it might be worth a visit to the place that did it. They might be able to pinpoint the noise for you even if it’s not from the dsg.
In fact, they’d probably be quite keen to prove that it’s not from the dsg.

Hi All

Been trawling the posts but can’t seem to find anything on the following issue issue my T6 DSG 4motion has. Closest I can find is DMF problem, but doesn’t seem to be in the scenario I have.

What I am experiencing is a intermittent noise whilst stationary or at very low speeds, once the noise starts moving to neutral, park or reverse does not stop it. Sound is like a belt slipping but a low tone / groan. It doesn’t happen all the time.

DSG service has just been completed on it as well by a independent garage just before I purchased.

Anyone had this and any ideas?
As you say, neutral, reverse or drive doesn’t stop it, so I’d think DMF or engine then. like @Dellmassive said, it’d be good to hear a sound clip.

Old thread I know, did you get to the bottom of this?

My DSG makes a ‘errrr’ noise every now and then. No effect to the drive in any way. Really short. Anyone have a clue?

Hey,

never got to the bottom of it, VW weren’t able to recreate so I just live with the odd noise from time to time… there is another thread about the issue Tickover noise on page 3 there is a clip of the noise - is this the same as yours?

Back