stone chip guard

nimrod

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I am looking at 2 stone chip bonnet guards, the AIRPLEX and the VANIMAL, anybody know if one is better than the other, £85 or £57, quite a difference in price, airplay is from New Zealand.,any help appreciated. I chose these 2 because of the lack of fixings on show.
thanks in advance N

Says on the vanimal website that there one is Airplex. Hope this helps

Says on the vanimal website that there one is Airplex. Hope this helps
thanks I have bought the more expensive one and when fitting it I thought that they were both the same, could of saved some money. there you go,

Do you mean this sort of thing (it's been on my van for a couple of years now - I think it was around £50 from Vanstyle):

AJC00338.jpg

I am very happy with mine but it could have been a lot cheaper, hind sight always a winner, no noise increase and very easy to fit. I think it looks great with the black and yellow scheme

Looks lovely. Looks like I have bought one with visible screw heads on show. Damn o_O

I blame you for your slow response :fast rofl:
Never mind. I’ll see how it looks once on.

@nimrod
How is your stone chip deflector fitted to the bonnet.
The one I have you have to slide clips onto the bonnet edge then screw the deflector into the w clips then stick 5 ‘poles’ onto the bonnet to stop it flexing. Not too sure on my purchase now as a, will the w clips over time rub into the paint and b, what happens if the poles come unstuck after a while??

IMG_4973.jpeg

@BuilderJay . For what it's worth, those clips look similar to the ones on my protector - mine have a piece of soft material (rubber?) that sits between the clip and upper surface of the bonnet but I also took the precaution of sticking a strip of clear waterproof tape on both upper and lower surfaces. As to what you call the 'poles' mine has something similar, again made from a soft plastic. I think they're supposed to 'shock absorbers' that prevent the guard itself from flexing and rubbing against the bonnet. Mine also came with those circular stickers which I used on the first install but I recently took the protector off and cleaned the bonnet and noticed that a couple were coming unstuck so I took them all of and reattached them using 3M VHB tape - it was originally fitted April last year.

mine has fixing into the holes inside the bonnet and the the 2 ends push on with a clip very similar to the end of your fixing. haven't lost it yet off to Scotland soon so that will be a good test.

Back