Sterling Pro Power SB and controller

WinFreak

100,000 miles
T6 Guru
Hi guys,

Bought my van a month ago now and it came with this inverter under the passenger seat and the control panel fob thing on the dash. There's no paperwork or manuals or anything with it.

I have no idea how it's meant to work so also have no idea whether it works properly or not!

8F712F76-5F43-4BB9-9332-8D69633B2516.jpeg

61933001-F44E-4588-BEC3-778520937012.jpeg

What I noticed so far is that the control on/off switch sometimes just puts the power light on and sometimes both the power and overload light and then it beeps continuously.. I find that odd.

Then on the battery itself there's also an on/off switch which seems to override the control on/off.

I tried plugging a phone charger just to test if it worked and it seemed a bit inconsistant, makes me think there's something not right or I am doing something wrong?!

I'm based in Surrey if there's anyone knowledgeable around that wouldn't mind having a look at this with me?

Last edited:
that inverter is rated at 300W . . . so its not going to run a coffee machine . . .

example powers . .

1644425357900.png

here is the link to the product:

1644425451674.png

the info page - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...464-9e55-4efbe431d992.pdf?5665843186294257126

and the instruction guide . . .

1644425529291.png

whats it connected to? . . .

do you have a leisure battery setup?

whats the main power connected to?

can you post a few pics of the power cable and fuse?

Thanks for that, I had found a bit of the info you posted. Will run through it properly tomorrow when I’m meant to be working ☺️

I realised it won’t run a coffee machine, bit of a shame really as that’s the only use I can think of for it!

No idea what it’s connected to, I assumed the main battery as I can’t see any other batteries anywhere, it’s just a normal kombi

its either running off the starter battery . . . . or a leisure battery.

with 300W its good for a laptop charger . .

fridge, and tablet charger etc. . . .

maybe take a few pics of your starter battery connections. . . . there will be an extra cable if its run from that.

Will take some photos tomorrow :thumbsup:

Running off the starter battery sounds dangerous to me… dont want to end up with a flat battery

its either running off the starter battery . . . . or a leisure battery.

with 300W its good for a laptop charger . .

fridge, and tablet charger etc. . . .

maybe take a few pics of your starter battery connections. . . . there will be an extra cable if its run from that.

Here’s the battery, doesn’t look like anything is added to me?

F7B3771B-D98A-408C-857E-0D6C94F4846E.jpeg

Doesn't look like it.

No second battery fitted anywhere?

So after a bit of consideration I've ripped all this out.

I now know why it never worked properly and why there wasn't anything aftermarket connected to the battery, they had just connected it to the back of the fuse box?!?!

Ready to stick it on ebay, good riddance :waving:

Back