Steering noise, normal?

Did you ever find out what it was?! Sounds exactly what I have!
We fit out a lot of suspension kits in our workshop and we find the common problems are the top rubber mount , i hate to say this but the T 6 ones ( newer design ) dont seem as strong as the T 5 ones we replaced 2 on a 35k van the other day , completely torn out .
The bearing on the T 6 looks bigger and i think that is stronger .

The rumbling noise is the issue i refer too , If its a squeal noise that is more likely the Pump or drive belt ,
The problem is you can t see these things until the van is stripped ,

We fit out a lot of suspension kits in our workshop and we find the common problems are the top rubber mount , i hate to say this but the T 6 ones ( newer design ) dont seem as strong as the T 5 ones we replaced 2 on a 35k van the other day , completely torn out .
The bearing on the T 6 looks bigger and i think that is stronger .

The rumbling noise is the issue i refer too , If its a squeal noise that is more likely the Pump or drive belt ,
The problem is you can t see these things until the van is stripped ,
Had the top rubber mounts replaced with new b14’s comfort kit and still getting the rumble.. might actually be worse now. Will get wheel alignment done next..

Had the top rubber mounts replaced with new b14’s comfort kit and still getting the rumble.. might actually be worse now. Will get wheel alignment done next..
Have you checked the power steering fluid level? Does it rumble if you raise the revs slightly?

Have you checked the power steering fluid level? Does it rumble if you raise the revs slightly?
Thank you for your reply! Checked and could do with a little top up, maybe 150ml. Tried raising the revs slightly and I think it might actually not do it when revs are higher!? What does this mean??
Thank you

I have done 75000 mile from new and mine has always done this. It only at tick over and it’s never got worse.
mine a 2016 euro 5 140

I have the same van as @Keefff and although I haven't had it from new it's always made the noise. I'm sure there is another thread about this on the forum and the "fix" was to top up the power steering fluid. It didn't fix mine but I've just accepted that it's the power steering pump not being keen on working too hard at idle. Given a few extra revs when manoeuvring it's fine.

I have the same van as @Keefff and although I haven't had it from new it's always made the noise. I'm sure there is another thread about this on the forum and the "fix" was to top up the power steering fluid. It didn't fix mine but I've just accepted that it's the power steering pump not being keen on working too hard at idle. Given a few extra revs when manoeuvring it's fine.
Believe it or not I have the same van as both of you to! Mine is a Mojave Beige 140 2016.. maybe it’s just a trait! I’ll get the fluid topped up and kds done and report back if it fixes the issue. Can anyone confirm what the best fluid is to use?! Is it the stuff I linked ⬆️?

Ok, I had an interesting development today...
I have been certain of the link between the PAS and the rumble when turning. Especially when others have also reported similar fixes with fluid replenishment and the fact that a few extra revs seems to reduce the noise.
Today I had coilovers fitted and as the top mounts were shot these were also replaced. To my astonishment there is now no rumble and I can spin the wheel from lock to lock without the slightest groan.
A few years ago I had a BMW E36 which had coilovers and these used to judder when turning. This was more of a spring clanging noise than the T6 judder/rumble but it was fixed with a modified thrust bearing spring seat. I now wonder if the T6 noise is a combination of shock/spring/topmount just being a bit graunchy when rotated? A few revs may just create enough vibration in the chassis to help free up the sticky components?
All in I had coilovers, ARB's, top mounts and drop links fitted plus a Hunter alignment.

I have been certain of the link between the PAS and the rumble when turning. Especially when others have also reported similar fixes with fluid replenishment and the fact that a few extra revs seems to reduce the noise.
Today I had coilovers fitted and as the top mounts were shot these were also replaced. To my astonishment there is now no rumble and I can spin the wheel from lock to lock without the slightest groan.
A few years ago I had a BMW E36 which had coilovers and these used to judder when turning. This was more of a spring clanging noise than the T6 judder/rumble but it was fixed with a modified thrust bearing spring seat. I now wonder if the T6 noise is a combination of shock/spring/topmount just being a bit graunchy when rotated? A few revs may just create enough vibration in the chassis to help free up the sticky components?
All in I had coilovers, ARB's, top mounts and drop links fitted plus a Hunter alignment.
I’m glad this has worked out for you! I’ve just had similar works done except for the drop links but it hasn’t changed anything.. so weird. Topping fluid up tomorrow as it needs a tiny bit but I doubt this will do anything. I wonder if it could be the drop links?!

Had I nightmare lately. Priced exactly what you describe but my van felt like I had no tyres on also. Juddering stationary and at low speed can feel the road surface through the steering wheel. Was told my rear engine mount had gone so I replaced both sun frame ones and still got the same issue. Top mounts and bearings next!

Back