Stainless Steel / Brushed Aluminium Foot Pedals

Good news potentially:)

Just spoken with the chap who makes custom made pedals for theT6 manual and he is meeting up with a DSG T6 owner tomorrow to get the sizes, shapes etc to start making them.

Conversation below:

Thanks for getting in touch
I’m literally meeting up with a guy near me tomorrow so I can size the auto box pedals up and make the first set. Soon as they’re ready I’ll having them up on fB or eBay for sale

Should be a couple of weeks he told me. The guy is Leigh and said he will let me know when they are ready.:thumbsup:
Will he fashion up a foot rest cover too?

They look mint, let me know how you get on with them, I’ll make some more room in the office!
I know they will make such a huge difference when they replace the rubber ones.
I will post pics once they are fitted. Just need the footrest now.

Good news potentially:)

Just spoken with the chap who makes custom made pedals for theT6 manual and he is meeting up with a DSG T6 owner tomorrow to get the sizes, shapes etc to start making them.

Conversation below:

Thanks for getting in touch
I’m literally meeting up with a guy near me tomorrow so I can size the auto box pedals up and make the first set. Soon as they’re ready I’ll having them up on fB or eBay for sale

Should be a couple of weeks he told me. The guy is Leigh and said he will let me know when they are ready.:thumbsup:

How are you getting on with these? I'm interested in a manual T6 set.

I've spoke to the same guy as @Texxaco, I sent him a load of pictures of the pedals and he's got the measurements and starting to design them... He said he's hoping to CNC cut them soon but works getting in the way....

Choice of 'VW' 'T6' or 'DSG' logo's

Mat is looking a bit scruffy! I’m not convinced you’re using your lockdown time well!!!
Ah you got me! If I were to polish them I would thencreate something else to clean and polish.
Sod that there is enough to do.
Thinking I may either bead black silkaflex into the grooves or glue Rubber beading in them.

Ah you got me! If I were to polish them I would thencreate something else to clean and polish.
Sod that there is enough to do.
Thinking I may either bead black silkaflex into the grooves or glue Rubber beading in them.
Yep, my concern would be whether there is sufficient “grip”.

Received the stainless pedals for DSG, does anyone know the best way to attach. Should the rubber be removed then drill or drill and attach on top of the original pedal covers. TIA. Less that needs to be done the better for me, I’m not the best at DIY.

Received the stainless pedals for DSG, does anyone know the best way to attach. Should the rubber be removed then drill or drill and attach on top of the original pedal covers. TIA. Less that needs to be done the better for me, I’m not the best at DIY.
Remove the rubber then put the pedals up to the aluminium pedal. Mark the holes and punch a mark where you need to drill. Then slowly drill a small hole then open it up to a 4mm hole.

Did it today and really want to hard.

Most importantly take your time.

Back