Squeaky Billies!

gmaster

T6 Pro
I've had my Bilstein B14's on for about 3,000 miles now and they have started squeaking and creaking over bumps on the rear.

Any ideas on how to resolve the squeaks with minimal effort?

It will be the roll bars that are squeaking now than likely. Maybe no tightened properly or the bushes not sat right.

I didn't think of the anti-roll bars. :thumbsup:

I got a garage to fit the suspension and anti-roll bars etc, so do you think it is something I could loosen and sort myself? I was wondering if I could loosen the bolts and squirt in some grease??

You definitely don't want to undo arb bolts with van on the floor as the bars will be under tension, they wouldn't move much but you would never get the bolts back in without jacking up the bar to align the holes.
I would try checking them for tightness first in case any are loose

Thanks for the heads up Pauly. I will make sure I never go near the arb's when it's not jacked up or on stands!

All the bolts etc were checked last week when I changed from 20's to 18's and had a full hunter alignment done.

It was squeaking a bit before the change, but seems t have got worse. With the 18's on it's actually quite a bit lower, so was wondering if it could even bee the springs rubbing together?

If need be I'll take it back to the garage, but could do without the hassle.

Thanks again for the help.

It was squeaking a bit before the change, but seems t have got worse. With the 18's on it's actually quite a bit lower, so was wondering if it could even bee the springs rubbing together?

Going from 20s to 18s won't change how much the spring compresses or anything to do with the suspension. Just less alloy height and tyre height holding the van up.

You need it on ramps to fully check.

Going from 20s to 18s won't change how much the spring compresses or anything to do with the suspension. Just less alloy height and tyre height holding the van up.

You need it on ramps to fully check.

Very good point @RattyMcClelland! Having thought about it in a much less knackered state of mind, it is now pretty obvious that the springs will remain the same?!? :rofl:

Update: It was the ARB's! A little bit of tightening and they no longer squeak or creak. Thanks of the help.

Back