SPOTTED - 'Was it you?' thread

So this is parked up near my house looking a bit sad for it’s self. I’m no expert on vans but this is on a 16 plate but looks like a 6.1 which didn’t come out till 2019, any thoughts?

7FA1994D-1AFA-4DD9-A90C-D252A0540F15.jpeg

So this is parked up near my house looking a bit sad for it’s self. I’m no expert on vans but this is on a 16 plate but looks like a 6.1 which didn’t come out till 2019, any thoughts?

View attachment 163238
Could be a private plate. Or a facelift; The dash layout will be the likely telltale sign of it being a T6.1 / T6, otherwise based on it having an inconsistent design/plate combo, a parking ticket, folding mirrors (on what AutoTrader shows to be a Startline) and (reading between the lines) it being abandoned, it could be a stolen van on a false plate that’s been left to see whether a tracker is active.
A call to 101 with the reg and VIN will help if it is indeed stolen.

Could be a private plate. Or a facelift; The dash layout will be the likely telltale sign of it being a T6.1 / T6, otherwise based on it having an inconsistent design/plate combo, a parking ticket, folding mirrors (on what AutoTrader shows to be a Startline) and (reading between the lines) it being abandoned, it could be a stolen van on a false plate that’s been left to see whether a tracker is active.
A call to 101 with the reg and VIN will help if it is indeed stolen.
I drove passed so will take a walk by later, see what the dash looks like, I was wondering if it was on dodgy plates

I have a ‘19 t6 on a standard looking 04 plate so it could just be a plate for Dave and peggy, where Dave is too tight (like me) to get a good private plate!

It’s not coming up on the gov databases though

Last edited:
I always find the telltale for T6.1s is the roof mounted aerial above the windscreen; I can’t imagine anyone retrofitting that to a T6.

Back