Sportline Conversion

Hi,

I’ve just got a lwb 140 T30 Highline. I’d like to mod it over time. I’m not interested in it being too low as it’s primarily a work van, but I like the Sportline look. (Ignoring the body styling etc.) Is it just a case of bigger wheels and new 30mm drop springs, or dies the Sportline have anti roll bars or anything else that affects the drive?

I’ve read loads of posts about springs and coilovers, and how they affect handling/drive comfort, but haven’t seen much about the standard Sportline setup.

Cheers!

Also..... what are people’s thoughts on drive comfort of the standard Sportline setup for a work van? Do your tools bang and crash all over the place - should I just stick with standard Highline springs and maybe just get bigger alloys?

There is no difference in ride quality between sportline springs and standard springs in my opinion. The difference in ride height is minimal and not something you would really notice day to day.

Keep in mind ride quality has more to do with your dampers than your springs, so dropping more than 30mm means you should (but don’t have to) pair the spring with an appropriate damper. Doing it that way means you can have a good quality ride even when much lower than standard. The ride gets crashy when you go lower on standard dampers.

There is no difference in ride quality between sportline springs and standard springs in my opinion. The difference in ride height is minimal and not something you would really notice day to day.

Keep in mind ride quality has more to do with your dampers than your springs, so dropping more than 30mm means you should (but don’t have to) pair the spring with an appropriate damper. Doing it that way means you can have a good quality ride even when much lower than standard. The ride gets crashy when you go lower on standard dampers.

Cheers! Thanks for the info, appreciated.

I’m thinking of just a subtle ‘sportier look’ and don’t have the budget for new dampers etc at the moment.

So I think it’ll just be new -30mm springs and wheels. Followed by bumper splitter and led lights etc later.

If I go for -30mm springs, and put running boards along the sides (and my van’s loaded up with toolboxes) - am I likely to have an issue with speed bumps and kerbs?

I had a pickup previously, so I’m just used to ploughing through them!

Cheers! Thanks for the info, appreciated.

I’m thinking of just a subtle ‘sportier look’ and don’t have the budget for new dampers etc at the moment.

So I think it’ll just be new -30mm springs and wheels. Followed by bumper splitter and led lights etc later.

If I go for -30mm springs, and put running boards along the sides (and my van’s loaded up with toolboxes) - am I likely to have an issue with speed bumps and kerbs?

I had a pickup previously, so I’m just used to ploughing through them!

Sportline springs and side bars should be completely usable as a work van.

Back