Speed Limits (again)

Just been checking on DVLA etc.....
As @Davenjo : 30/60/70/70 if classified as a Motor Home or Motor Caravan under 3.05 tonnes.

If still classified as Goods vehicle under 7.5 tonnes then : 30/50*/60*/70

So guess APNR will work on V5 record
So if u drive a t30 max 3 tonne doesn’t this rule apply ???

Really!!!
So in a t30 I’m exempt from this daft rule????
That now explains why the build a massively specced out heavily loaded California on a t30

Why would you be doing 60?
Because that is the speed limit for my van on the motorway, because I am always towing a trailer.
And to be honest that is also the speed that I drive on the motorway on those very rare occasions when I don’t have the trailer on the back. I’m not in a rush, happy to pootle along, get better fuel economy, and have no need/ desire to drive quicker.

I arrive everywhere totally chilled out. Why rush to get where you are going, that means you don’t spend the maximum possible time in your lovely van.

I envy your ethos, but you and I are at opposite ends of the stress levels. My life runs by a clock and even though it's my business, I just cannot shake the habit of a lifetime.

Nope. That posted before I had finished typing. Re-read.
Always amazes me how many people towing trailers overtake me on the motorway when I’m cruising along at 70 without one.

Getting back to earlier posts; all T6s, regardless of derivative and/or weight rating, can drive at 70 on motorways (60 if towing) - it’s on dual carriageways and single track roads where the lower restrictions may apply.

I think I’ll get one of them 60 mph STICKERS for the back of my new Kombi or cyclists beware of passing this vehicle on the inside... if you can’t see me I cannot see you ...
seeing as Ill be pretty much hauling ass in my new Kombi good buddy.

Always amazes me how many people towing trailers overtake me on the motorway when I’m cruising along at 70 without one.

In the outside lane with tiny 8" wheels with the little stick and flag so they can see if the trailer is still there

This debate does seem to go round and round a lot. So much so I have just looked at the gov.uk website.

30CAB773-DFEB-47CC-8924-51669116D4C9.png

BFC1EA9B-8CEE-4F85-84AC-F4BEF3DC1257.png

511D3ADF-3C71-479D-98E2-5B21DF0EE9CF.png

So, I have a Kombi, which is a dual purpose vehicle (in accordance with the Class 4 MOT). For it to meet line 1 on this chart it has to be no more than 2040kg unladen. However, my V5 shows it is more than this, therefore falls under line 8, goods vehicles not more than 7.5 tonnes, so 30/50/60/70, and the 70 becomes 60 when a trailer is applied.

This is great because I always thought that because of being over 2040kg I was limited to 60 on the motorway (not that I drive above that speed - but the wife does!).

In the outside lane with tiny 8" wheels with the little stick and flag so they can see if the trailer is still there
....not forgetting the remote in your hand so you can change the colour of the lights :)

Not the words I want to hear when I call the fire brigade:D
And that is why I don’t need to drive my van fast, I get my kicks driving fast (legally) in other ways.
But always within the 3 legal exemptions afforded to me (;)), remember, drive to arrive.

Back