Sound deadening tailgate door

Boonboy

Can someone please give a little advice about how much dodo mat is needed for a tailgate door, and how to install, there’s loads of really good vids on the rest of the van, which has made this easy, any hep for a newbie, would it much appreciated E07A5548-7B1F-4E33-A599-743DE7BC4060.jpegBFE52F41-A223-42CC-B075-EDCBDB65F3EB.jpeg

Can someone please give a little advice about how much dodo mat is needed for a tailgate door, and how to install, there’s loads of really good vids on the rest of the van, which has made this easy, any hep for a newbie, would it much appreciated View attachment 128862View attachment 128863
There’s only so much you can apply through the voids. Most components come out and refit easily so don’t be shy about removing some bits to make it easier to apply it.

Make sure you have run any additional cables ie reversing camera before stuffing the voids with insulation.

Make sure you have run any additional cables ie reversing camera before stuffing the voids with insulation.
Pro tip right there.

I ran a led feed to tailgate recently and had to pull some of the sound damping mats out to get room, and I don’t even have full thermal insulation so the voids are not really filled.

Can someone please give a little advice about how much dodo mat is needed for a tailgate door, and how to install, there’s loads of really good vids on the rest of the van, which has made this easy, any hep for a newbie, would it much appreciated View attachment 128862View attachment 128863
Due to the access and various spars in the tailgate its tricky to sound deaden as much as one would hope to do. 2-3 sheets should do it.

Rgds
Ian

Thanks again for your help everyone, managed to remove the panels, and remove the factory fitted foam and ended up using the last nine sheets of dodo on my tailgate, bit tricky but I think it turned out good.8BF674E1-019A-4AD4-A571-07BBB0C6ACBC.jpeg

38A29008-8271-4071-A6FC-7D0427EAC619.jpeg

If you are planning on sleeping in the van with your head near the tailgate make sure it’s as well insulated as possible.

I still have the standard struts, no issues, no noticeable change before and after.

I have gone way over the recommended usage of dodo mat, I’ve covered everything I could get my hands to, 60 sheets in total so far, still have the floor to do, I haven’t noticed any difference thankfully, did cross my mind tho,

Back