Sound deadening headlining?

Dmin

Hi all
Would anybody be to give me any advice on if it’s worth sound deadening the front headliner in my camper (t6). I know that at the end of the day it’s a van with a pop top but if I can reduce some of the wind noise a bit that would be helpful. If so what would people advise me to use as there are different thicknesses/makes of matting available (dodo, silent coat, closed cell). I don’t want to buy a material that’s too thick and will not fit as it’s very expensive.
Thanks
Darren

Thanks that’s exactly what I needed to know. Quite a difference in price between 2mm and 6mm.
Cheers
Darren

@Dmin - I've literally just done mine today. Dodo dead mat hex all over headlining and dodo mat duo over the top. Haven't put the lining back on yet but can already tell the ambient noise is quieter. And deader surprisingly it's raining outside and I can't hear the pinging of the rain which is nice.

IMG_20201004_174420.jpg

Not sure what’s covering the access hole to your pop top but I made a foam cushion which sits snuggly above the access cover on my Reimo pop top.
This has made a big difference to wind noise in the cab and doubles as a pillow / cushion when camping. Approx 40mm thick.

thanks, that was a good idea and I tried it with a cushion in the hatch and it certainly cut the noise out a bit.

@Dmin - I've literally just done mine today. Dodo dead mat hex all over headlining and dodo mat duo over the top. Haven't put the lining back on yet but can already tell the ambient noise is quieter. And deader surprisingly it's raining outside and I can't hear the pinging of the rain which is nice.

View attachment 87204
looks like you did a nice job there. Never thought about using

Hi all, just trying to get the thick rubber Matt up to sound proof. Got as far as the lower central console but can’t seem to get it to budge. It’s the bit below the gear stick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Darren

32BE6429-0E57-486C-820A-5CAE9DEA87F4.jpeg

View attachment 87204
How easy is it to remove the cab heading, it’s the last bit I need to do

Pretty easy. I followed a video off YouTube and it was pretty helpful I'll find the link in a sec and put it up. The only awkward bit really is the light fitting and disconnecting the wires. But essentially a few torx screws and off it comes. Made big difference and didn't need to be particular really as it's all being covered with the lining anyway.

Headline removal

I followed this and it was pretty much bang on. There may be better videos, other methods that I don't know about but this one worked for me.
If you have side grab handles on the A pillar you'll need to take the screws out those too with a T30 bit.
Hope that helps

Headline removal

I followed this and it was pretty much bang on. There may be better videos, other methods that I don't know about but this one worked for me.
If you have side grab handles on the A pillar you'll need to take the screws out those too with a T30 bit.
Hope that helps
Thanks.looks a good tutorial and relatively straight forward.

I just did this on my van. I could only find an online video for a T5, but it pretty much did the job. It is worth noting though that the front portion of the liner is screwed to the roof. The screws go through a very fragile plastic bracket. Make sure you carefully remove these as they are not mentioned in any online instructions or videos I could find.

5B6E478C-4076-424C-92F7-4350292ECB7B.jpeg

If you are going to remove the door card I would buy some spare fixing clips first, they are very fragile. They don’t break on removal, but may break on fitting if not perfectly aligned.
@Mud Digger

Last edited:
Back