Something To Check After A Vw Service

Higgidav

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Two weeks ago my van had its first service plus a few warranty repairs which included a replacement door control module.

To cut a long story short it’s now back at another dealer as the door control module has failed again.

I was not happy with the service I received from the first dealer so two weeks later it’s gone to another dealer.

The visual inspection and video from the second dealer has shown that the first dealer has spilled oil all over my engine and under tray and not even bothered to clean it up.

I cannot prove that the door fault is anything to do with the first dealer but I can prove their shoddy work of covering my engine in oil and not even trying to clean it up.

The engine was spotless when it went it but I would never have thought to check the engine after a service. I will from now on !

How hard can it be to refill an engine with oil, using a funnel, and not end up spilling it all over the engine??
It's not rocket science!
I'd be as annoyed as you are, the "mistake" is aggravated by the fact that no effort was made to clean it up.

So I decided to check the oil level with the dip stick and it’s under half full after the service. I assume the oil that was spilled in the engine bay is the reason it’s only half full and that they use measured amount of oil and do not check the level with the dip stick.

It’s abysmal that the oil is not properly filled at a service and also that they don’t clean up spilled oil. I am in correspondence with the dealer and also VWUK about what they are going to do about it. It is however a 3hr round trip so it will not be going back to them.

Back