Some Consumer/legal Advice Please - Van Buying Issues!

goldeneye243

T6 Guru
I would like some advice please.

I agreed to buy a Transporter on the 3rd of July, advertised at £18000 gross. I put down a deposit and signed electronically a few days later.

The sale agreement states a sale price of £14795.42 plus VAT

Since then I have taken out a loan and sold my car, with an agreed date to collect the van tomorrow.

Today, the garage (VW approved) rang me to say that there had been a mistake and it should have been £18000 plus VAT - £21600

Does anyone know where I stand legally please?

Thanks!

I would think if there’s a written sales agreement and you have paid a deposit then that should make it a legal contract and they would be obliged to sell it to you at that price (not that I think they will want too)
Think I would prob contact citizens advice etc and see if they can help, if you can find some legal documents that state your case and that they are legally obliged to sell it to you for that price (if such a thing exists)
If all else fails you may be able to take it to VW UK CC but think I would hold that until the end in case they side with the dealer and leave you dead in the water

Not a nice problem to have. I’m no legal expert but did they give you a written agreement with the original price? And if so does it say anything about how long the price is value for or does it have E&OE on it?

So anyone guess how much the dealer paid for it or gave as a trade in value.

Sorry, am I being cynical?

Agree with the previous posts, if you have it n writing then they are on sticky ground even if there is E&OE quoted on this.

th-14325933807-698x352.jpg

th-14325953373-696x671.jpg

th-14325965522-655x889.jpg

th-14325979483-692x599.jpg

Last edited:
Back