Solar stuff

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi I’m thinking about parting with my solar set up ( no reason other than im just not using it enough to warrant keeping it )but just seeing if there is any interest first …..

Basically I have a dokio 300 w folding panel set up

The panel is versatile and packs down for easy storage however the cables the fittings and controller are not the best …. so I’ve upgraded and adopted accordingly . To create a far better set up that is much more efficient and safer as the original cables and design was dodgy .

I have two of the controllers that come with the dokio panel (one I’ve never used except to test it ) (Although these aren’t the most efficient they are extremely portable light weight and can be used independently to charge and power usb devices with no need to connect to a battery at all so actually could be very useful) And a second unit plus the required cables for both, one I’ve adapted (and fused! ) to use directly for the start battery if required or any battery via large crocodile type clips, the other terminated with an Anderson connector that I use with my leisure battery .

However i also upgraded and invested in a far better MPPT controller, a Victron MPPT 100 / 20 smart charge controller that connects via bluetooth to an app on an iPhone or android , Plus far higher quality and longer cables and all the correct connectors needed ( about £100 worth ) To connect up to leisure battery .

The Victron is basically brand new and still in original box etc etc . It also provides a load output that is smart to stop any over drain damage to the leisure battery .The solar panels have been used a few times maximum last year . So don’t even show signs of fade from sunlight .That’s it .
if anyone is interested I will follow up with pics .. I would be looking for around £350 for the lot.

Last edited:
Hi I’m thinking about parting with my solar set up ( no reason other than im just not using it enough to warrant keeping it )but just seeing if there is any interest first …..

Basically I have a dokio 300 w folding panel set up

The panel is versatile and packs down for easy storage however the cables the fittings and controller are not the best …. so I’ve upgraded and adopted accordingly . To create a far better set up that is much more efficient and safer as the original cables and design was dodgy .

I have two of the controllers that come with the dokio panel (one I’ve never used except to test it ) (Although these aren’t the most efficient they are extremely portable light weight and can be used independently to charge and power usb devices with no need to connect to a battery at all so actually could be very useful) And a second unit plus the required cables for both, one I’ve adapted (and fused! ) to use directly for the start battery if required or any battery via large crocodile type clips, the other terminated with an Anderson connector that I use with my leisure battery .

However i also upgraded and invested in a far better MPPT controller, a Victron MPPT 100 / 20 smart charge controller that connects via bluetooth to an app on an iPhone or android , Plus far higher quality and longer cables and all the correct connectors needed ( about £100 worth ) To connect up to leisure battery .

The Victron is basically brand new and still in original box etc etc . It also provides a load output that is smart to stop any over drain damage to the leisure battery .The solar panels have been used a few times maximum last year . So don’t even show signs of fade from sunlight .That’s it .
if anyone is interested I will follow up with pics .. I would be looking for around £350 for the lot.
Just to say this post is done .. I’m not sure how to delete it .. but I’ve kept the setup it’s not for sale .

Back