Soft-close retrofit issue

I don’t really notice the soft close operating on mine as the tailgate seems to slam shut rather than being pulled in by the soft close. Is your tailgate staying ajar?

My comment about the soft close earlier was wrong. Look at this video of my retro fitted tailgate. You can definitely see it pull in after the slam.

I’ve seen other videos where it pulls the door in like that. And it seems to flick the door open to engage the rams. Mine works to open the door but not to close. I received this reply from Kufatec. ecu is missing calibration. Please contact a professional workshop.

I’ve seen other videos where it pulls the door in like that. And it seems to flick the door open to engage the rams. Mine works to open the door but not to close. I received this reply from Kufatec. ecu is missing calibration. Please contact a professional workshop.
As far as I know there is no coding or settings for the soft close unit. The actual door lock in the tailgate is responsible for flicking the door open to start the rams. There are a few settings in central electrics relating to the rear lid lock mechanism. It sounds to me like the soft close is not working properly

You could use VCDS to check that the switches inside tailgate lock/latch are working properly (or read correctly by BCM).

Tailgate status is at Measuring Blocks Group 006:

Field 2, field 3 = "Open", "Open" = when rear lid fully open
Field 2, field 3 = "Closed", "Open" = when rear lid ajar (at first latch).
In the picture below the lid was obviously closed.

Door opening switch status is at Group 008, field 4. Just indicates that the switch is pressed, not related to actual latch operation as it depends on door status.
1600198026272.png

The above should work even IGNition off.
-------------
Linking a remotely related thread here --> Quick Help Needed - Bmc Connector

Last edited:
Hi all me again.I’m finally getting somewhere. I’ve still got a problem with the soft close and the tailgate. It works fine I’ve even programmed it to open and close with the remote and to close with the front door switch. The only issue is. It only unlatches the door latch if I open it from the front door switch or the rear tailgate outside handle . The remote fob and the switch on the bottom of the tailgate only starts the rams moving and doesn’t spring the latch. Could this be part of the problem with the soft close ? I’ve checked all the wiring and connections. Tried a different tailgate latch. The only thing I can think of is. As it a different tailgate the wiring is slightly different. Any thoughts before I start checking the wiring harness in the tailgates. Thanks again. Steve

Change 09 Byte 01 Bit 5 Contact controlled on detent as 0

and

6D byte 2 to 09

Last edited:
"Change 09 Byte 01 Bit 5 Contact controlled on detent as 0 "

Control Module 09 - BCM/Central Electrics -> Coding.

Your new coding should look like this (copied the old from your scan). You get access to individual (undocumented) bits by selecting LCode2.
1600622844569.png

My comment about the soft close earlier was wrong. Look at this video of my retro fitted tailgate. You can definitely see it pull in after the slam.
How much and where was this kit from? Thanks

Morning me again. So I’ve brought a second hand control unit. soft close is still not working. i live in West Sussex any ideas where i can take the van to get it checked out ?as I’m lost as to what to do next other than rip the whole lot out and go back to a standard tailgate. Thanks. Steve

Hello guys,
I have retrofitted soft close for tailgate and sliding door,
everything work except indicator for sliding door, signal is inverted
(display open when is it close, display close when is it open)

switch from "classic close" is 1 when door is open and 0 when door is close
switch from "soft close" is 0 when door is open and 1 when door is close

anybody know the bit to modify in the bcm ?

Edit : solved
BCM : Byte 10 Bit 6 = 0/1

Last edited:
What’s the year/model of your van ?

What part number control module have you used and are they both the same ?

Back