So What Trips Have You Got Planned For 2020 ?

We did the the NC500 in June 2012 before it was given a name and it was mostly very quiet and peaceful. However did a big chunk of it again this year also in June and it was very busy indeed in places! I think the mere act of calling it something has led to a lot of people charging around it at highest possible speeds just to say they've done it but without actually seeing anything! If you do it take your time and enjoy because it is a great drive that deserves to be taken slowly!
Spot on:thumbsup: We’ve spent months in Scotland over the years & visited most of the “NC500” at various times. If we were to do it as a one off complete trip, I’d want to take at least 2 months over it. Otherwise its an utterly pointless exercise imo.

We are doing a few trips away, then the biggie in summer Austria, Croatia, Italy and the South of France.

@Ed Webb webber, what you two got planned?
I'm building up towards a trips to Italyal and Norway in the future.
My aim is NC500 and Southern france this year. However as always, this depends on funds and annual leave.
Bala and busfest are always in my calendar.

Arrhh! I was going to the pencil museum that weekend!!, i will see what I can do to change it:rolleyes:

Just do what you did this year. Promise to come, join in on the pre-Rutland WhatsApp banter, then cancel us the day before :whistle:

Just do what you did this year. Promise to come, join in on the pre-Rutland WhatsApp banter, then cancel us the day before :whistle:
And I didn't even make caffeine and machine. Things have got to change!

This working for a living malarkey will never catch on

When I finish my build I plan to take the family to Germany, Austria, Italy and France for a 2 week tour. I’m currently looking into all the various activities we can realistically entertain in only two weeks. Imst rollercoaster in Austria is already on the list:)

With this being my first campervan this year will be about acquiring all the paraphernalia and accesories needed... and taking baby steps with my trips, so small trips to anglesey, west wales, brecon beacons, lake district, new forest and the beaitiful and rugged coastline of Whitby...

Being an avid fisherman the van will then be used for fishing trips to remote scottish lochs, welsh mountain lakes and touring the lochs and lakes of southern ireland before getting over to the lakes of france, belgium and germany...

Our conversion will be done in the next month and have so many plans for trips that the bank balance and work may struggle! Definitely going down west coast of France in July, across Pyrenees into Italy then back north in the summer.
We did the NC500 in a hired van and would definitely like to go and explore Scotland some more, Wales and Cornwall also on the list. We’re really looking forward to exploring the UK and the spontaneity that the camper allows us means that planning trips hopefully won’t be necessary :)

Having always wanted to take a road trip through Europe, looks like I am going to get the chance this year. The kids are going to be sailing in the World Championships which are going to be on Lake Garda, so epic trip to Italy it’ll be. Two days there, two days back; will probably take the northern route through Germany. Just got to figure out the Chunnel booking, so going to use the search function and look at all the lovely tips for booking that.

Having only just acquired our first van we have pencilled in a few weekends in the lakes and Peak District to get us off the mark. In the summer I’m planning a bit of a European road trip via Holland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, France, over the border into Spain a back to Blighty via Santander. Can anyone recommend a site they have stopped at between Geneva and Bergerac?

Our first full year of campervanning and we haven't planned much really.

* We are going away for a few weekends as my new job (well, new role in my old job) now gives me every weekend off.
* April - We are going to visit relatives in Lowestoft. Taking the van (because we can).
* August - Bloodstock Festival. Our first festival in Harvey. Quite anxious taking something approximately 10 times the cost of the previous van to a field but it was bought to be used.

Scotland for weekends so anything that you can recommend would be great. We have quite an extensive list already but always happy to get suggestions.
:)

Had the van now for a year, done the odd week here and there around UK.
Now it’s time to venture over to Europe, I’ve took 5 weeks off work so the plan is (might change yet) head over via the Chunnel then Make my way over to Switzerland, Liechtenstein and then Austria.
We are still planning where we want to stay and for how long.
It’s still a bit of a minefield with what we need for each country we travel through.
Hopefully google will assist me with that and searching through T6 forums!
I’m so excited but a little nervous too

Had the van now for a year, done the odd week here and there around UK.
Now it’s time to venture over to Europe, I’ve took 5 weeks off work so the plan is (might change yet) head over via the Chunnel then Make my way over to Switzerland, Liechtenstein and then Austria.
We are still planning where we want to stay and for how long.
It’s still a bit of a minefield with what we need for each country we travel through.
Hopefully google will assist me with that and searching through T6 forums!
I’m so excited but a little nervous too
just remember your vignettes. :)

Austria
These stickers record that you have paid the road tax that allows you to ride on the motorways. In Austria, tourists can buy a vignette good for ten days. Currently, this ten-day sticker costs € 9. You can also purchase them for durations of two months (€ 26,20) or one year (€ 87,30).

Swiss
A guide to the 2020 Swiss motorway vignette. Any car, motorbike or trailer using the motorways will need one: the motorway vignette. The sticker costs 40 francs (36.50 euros) and is valid from December 2019 to the end of January 2021. If you are stopped by the police and don't have a vignette, it will cost you.

AA Driving kit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Travel-driving-France-Europe/dp/B003FZBGMS

If your driving in winter then don't forget to check the tyre requirements...

Back