So What Trips Have You Got Planned For 2020 ?

Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Our overnight and longer trips in our T6 camper tend to be fairly spontaneous, but we are already planning for 2020.

We are almost certainly going back to Portugal either just before or just after the school summer holidays - our time there this year was great, and there is so much more to see.

Already booked is a visit to France in June for a week or so, which is timed to include catching the Le Mans 24 hr race weekend. I have been many times (by car, not van), but it will be the first time for my wife.

Anyone else planning anything yet ?

Pete

NC500 over 9 days that we tried to do this year, but failed due to unexpected family stuff
IOM TT races
Camperjam for the wknd
Busfest for the wknd
Cornwall / Devon for 2 weeks in the summer
& whatever else we can squeeze in...

5 or 6 weeks skiing in the Alps from 6th Jan. Couple of months in Portugal May-July.
3 weeks or so in Cornwall/Devon/Dorset in September. Apart from that, not much really :whistle:

couple of us planning NC500 and trip to Oslo
I am planning NC500 - maybe around easter time. Will be our first 'big' trip!! If there is a forum trip might consider it if it fits in around school holidays... :)

Other than that i would like to do Ireland and the lakes in Italy - not sure if i will fit them in this year... but definitely out to Czech.

We have looked at doing the NC500, but recent bad publicity about crowds, litter etc have made us reconsider.
Anyone done it recently ? I assume the problems occur at peak season ?

Pete

Leave boxing day
France, Spain, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Spain, Gibraltar, Spain, France, Switzerland, France Uk and home !
Paragliding BASE jumping mountain biking and defiantly sitting on the beach a bit too

What I got the T6 for ! Maiden Europe trip !

We have looked at doing the NC500, but recent bad publicity about crowds, litter etc have made us reconsider.
Anyone done it recently ? I assume the problems occur at peak season ?

Pete
Some friends of ours did it in October, they said it was very busy in some areas & that the rubbish was appalling. The local councils are considering banning wild camping due to all the sh1t being left.

Some friends of ours did it in October, they said it was very busy in some areas & that the rubbish was appalling. The local councils are considering banning wild camping due to all the sh1t being left.
Thats terrible! Why can't people be responsible!!!

We did the the NC500 in June 2012 before it was given a name and it was mostly very quiet and peaceful. However did a big chunk of it again this year also in June and it was very busy indeed in places! I think the mere act of calling it something has led to a lot of people charging around it at highest possible speeds just to say they've done it but without actually seeing anything! If you do it take your time and enjoy because it is a great drive that deserves to be taken slowly!

Several winter overnighters in the north to get up some mountains in the snow. Outer Hebs or maybe the Orkneys for a week in summer. Perhaps a European expedition if Scotland qualify (for perhaps read ‘unlikely’).

Back