So I'm There, Browsing Facebook.........

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
When I come across a couple of pictures of my van on the T5Forum FB page :geek: Taken when I was onsite on Friday last week. The caption read "When your busy working and some b*****d turns up in this. Curtain fitting is the trade to be in"

The bloke went on to tell everyone how much I paid for the van and that it was cash!! I never even spoke to him:rolleyes:

As soon as I posted a few more pic's of the van in the thread he took it down
handjob.gif

Jealousy has to be one of the worst human traits. I'd much sooner a person didn't speak to me, rather than jibe behind my back.

At least my customers say to my face "You must be charging too much to have a VW as a work vehicle" No one ever see's the extra stuff we have to do as business owners, that we don't get paid for :mad:

Sorry @Deaky to rant, but stuff like this gets under my skin sadly.

Green-eyed monster, I bet he wasn't expecting you to appear on his thread. :laugh:

Slightly off-topic, but.

One of those T5 Facebook pages is really toxic, so much so that I actually left the group as it was full of w@nkers. I'm not saying that T5 drivers are tossers, of course they aren't, but the group was so badly modded and some of the comments were shameful.

Off-topic part 2,

I answered a post on Pistonheads last week, a guy was asking for advice on buying a T6, within a few hours the Transit brigade turned up trying to convince the guy that the Transit is a better van, more reliable, better value for money, T6's are poor value etc etc.

What a prat!!

Should have screenshot his post, then posted it back up with what @Loz said.

I bet he’s been nervously looking back on that page all day .. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@Deaky ... was that specifically the T5/T6 Forum on FB ?? (nicely descriptive emoji to close your post above :laugh::thumbsup: )

One of those T5 Facebook pages is really toxic, so much so that I actually left the group as it was full of w@nkers. I'm not saying that T5 drivers are tossers, of course they aren't, but the group was so badly modded and some of the comments were shameful.

I've seen the same things in this particular group. It seems to be the biggest Transporter group on there as well. IMO there seems to be a pattern : Anyone who owns a van, or tries to post a van for sale over £30k gets absolutely hammered. T6 drivers regularly get referred to as "snotty", "knobs", "the rich" etc etc. Deaky's experience was particularly bad. Like the poster was looking for ways to vent the 'chip' on his shoulder.

Pretty much sums up what's going wrong with the country. This pseudo 'us and them' thing exacerbated by Corbyn's speeches. Makes my blood boil :mad::mad::mad:

Funny, I started working life renting the bottom bunk of a bunk bed (not the bedroom, just the bottom bunk) for £6 a week !!!! Now I seem to be the "ruling elite" (whoever they are Corbyn?) and a "snotty" T6 driver, like I was just given it or something :confused:

Sorry, this stuff presses my button .... rant over (for the time being :laugh: )

Last edited:
I think we should count our blessings with the T6 forum. It's well run and it's populated with friendly helpful folk. It's rare that I see any internal bickering. Even then, folk don't seem to afraid to admit they got something wrong or simply agree to disagree.

As an admin on an unrelated FB group, I've been fortunate to see the kindness and sensitivity shown by many online. But also, its made me appreciate the internet can be a vile, nasty, horrible place at times.

But without wishing to sound all namby pamby, I actually find our T6 forum, a little sanctuary of relaxation. It's always an informative read and often amusing. Some very knowledgeable folk on here willing to share what they know with others. I've learned an awful lot in the year I've been a member.

As for being snobs, I'm pretty confident the majority of folk on here, have come from very little and have worked dammed hard to achieve what they have.

As a 17 year old, my first car was a 400 quid, 1981 MK1 957cc Fiesta popular. It had a little Minichamps 1/43 model BMW E30 M3, blue tacked on the dash. Something for me to aspire to one day.

Now I drive a van. (Surpassed the M3). And my dash is graced by a slightly wonky, (possibly factory second), orange monkey . So long as none of those much discussed, little yellow warning lights illuminate on my dash, then life as a 'snob' is good.

Last edited:
We payed cash for our work van (£250 cash)
It’s a 1997 Vauxhall Rascle
Bedford rascal?? I had one of those and the engine fell out of it. It was my second car in the yr 2000, an ex milk float. Rapid when the engine was in it :laugh:

All I can say it’s nice to have a choice of which van to take in a morning

There's some snide comments on the T6 FB page today because somebody has had their van ceramic coated, the T6 FB page seems to attract more tossers than the T6 Forum for some reason.

Comments removed, good.

*If you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all*

Last edited:
Back