SMARTRACK S5 WITH D-ID™

DarrenTT

T6 Pro
Hi, have any of you out there experience of the above tracker? I’m have a ghost 2 fitted to my t6.1, apart from towing the van or sticking it on a low loader is the extra expense necessary? What price for peace of mind?

Only you can decide that. Where is your van kept? Could it be towed away? Would you want it back if nicked?

Suppose the question is is there anyone out there that uses the smartrack s5 tracker? If so views please good or bad?

Been living with the tracker for a few weeks now and will give it the thumbs up. Feel relaxed when I leave the van now knowing it’s fairly safe.
Then you chose the solution that is best for you, which is the most important thing. Our Discovery has some tracker or other on it (came with the car) and the call centre has called me a couple of times. Once when we were pulling out of Portsmouth heading to France. We hadn't even passed the Isle of Wight, so I still had a mobile signal. (That said, if the car had been in the back of a container on a ship, that call might have been a bit late, eh!) The second call was when SWMBO parked in an underground car park! So, it would appear that when the tracker has signals bouncing around the place trying to provide a “heartbeat” to the server it is interpreted as “car moving without first registering a valid unlock from key fob” (eg lifted onto a transporter.)
The upshot is that I’d pay for service based on what I experienced but I’m not sure I’d go out to buy a tracker!

excuse edit - fat finger syndrome before!

Last edited:
Back