Sliding door won't!

Lynnietom

Hi! The bottom roller bracket (off side) collapsed so I carefully closed the door and got great advice from the forum as to what I needed to buy. Now, the door will not open! It unlocks but won't budge. It is also carpeted.
Any advice as to how to solve the issue will be gratefully received. Thank you.

You need to lift it to slide it open. With no roller it will just be the metal bar on the inside of the van floor with all the weight of the door on it. That’s what I had to do. Be very careful putting all that weight through the door handle though.

You need to lift it to slide it open. With no roller it will just be the metal bar on the inside of the van floor with all the weight of the door on it. That’s what I had to do. Be very careful putting all that weight through the door handle though.
Thank you. How do I lift the door? Put something under it at the bottom?

Thank you. How do I lift the door? Put something under it at the bottom?
I had exactly the same situation recently, @Bigsidavies is right, you have to be careful, but I just lifted gently using the handle and slid the door backwards, it took a bit of doing but it worked for me. My roller had totally gone and ball bearings spilled out everywhere so it was totally done.

I had exactly the same situation recently, @Bigsidavies is right, you have to be careful, but I just lifted gently using the handle and slid the door backwards, it took a bit of doing but it worked for me. My roller had totally gone and ball bearings spilled out everywhere so it was totally done.
Yep, same with mine.
I used the door handle too. Lifted it gently by the outside edges where it bolts into the door rather than by the centre bit that pulls out.

I've had the ball bearings roll down the foot plate too! I'll have to give it a go.
Thanks for all your help.

I've had the ball bearings roll down the foot plate too! I'll have to give it a go.
Thanks for all your help.
This Youtube video shows how to do the job on a T5, a T6 is near identical and it'll give you an idea of how to go about it;

Back