sliding door contacts issue

Spokegg

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've searched around but haven't found any posts on this particular issue (I borrowed this picture from another post for reference).
My work van (2017 T6 Highline Panel) sliding door wont shut properly unless I fiddle wiggle this part around. There seems to be excess play/movement in it. I also have a T6.1 camper conversion and there is also play in this part so I guess its normal. I'm thinking about taking apart and having a look but its tipping it down at the mo!
Does anyone know if it is just a case of tightening something up or is it a new part needed? Many thanks in advance

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 10.01.08.png

I'm afraid not! I mentioned it to my mechanic when I took it in for an MOT, said he couldn't find anything wrong(?). Still doing it.....

I used to have this problem on my old work van every now and then. I used a bit of fine sand paper and cleaned up the surfaces on the door and the latch and then a squirt of wd40.
Always used to work for me. Might be worth a try before taking anything apart.

Reactions: CJW
I used to have this problem on my old work van every now and then. I used a bit of fine sand paper and cleaned up the surfaces on the door and the latch and then a squirt of wd40.
Always used to work for me. Might be worth a try before taking anything apart.
+1 for this as a first try. V easy to do.

Back