Sliding Door Rubbing

Hi all,

I believe I am having the same issue with my shuttle door, but also paint rubbing off on the inner door (see pic).

When opening the door slowly I cannot see it touch the wheel arch, and VW cannot see a fault.

My gut is the middle roller needing replacement, I am not skilled enough to do this. Can anyone reccomend anyone in the South West who could do this for a reasonable price?

Thank you!

20230401_151346.jpg

20230315_194548.jpg

Hi, not sure if this thread is still running and what everyone's recent experiences are. My '19 Caravelle's powered sliding door also rubs on the wheelarch. It's been in to the local VW van centre today and they say it needs a new centre rail at a cost of £1000+. The car's on the 'all-in' warranty but they've said that VW have declined to cover it. Anyone got any experience of: VW covering this under the 'all-in' (reading the Ts&Cs it looks like a grey area), whether there is a less expensive workaround like replacing the roller, or whether £1000+ is a reasonable cost for changing the whole rail!

Hi, not sure if this thread is still running and what everyone's recent experiences are. My '19 Caravelle's powered sliding door also rubs on the wheelarch. It's been in to the local VW van centre today and they say it needs a new centre rail at a cost of £1000+. The car's on the 'all-in' warranty but they've said that VW have declined to cover it. Anyone got any experience of: VW covering this under the 'all-in' (reading the Ts&Cs it looks like a grey area), whether there is a less expensive workaround like replacing the roller, or whether £1000+ is a reasonable cost for changing the whole rail!
Sounds like typical dealership BS, I don’t see how a nylon roller can wear out a steel rail.
Stick at the warranty claim and keep the communication to email so you have a record.

Back