Sliding Door Panel Clips

Hi,

I have bought a Loc8 Table (LOC8 Table System VW T5 & T6 Vans | iCamper Solutions) for my sliding door and I need new clips for the replacement panel. Where is the best place to buy them? I have bought a set off eBay and they are rubbish!
I cannot use the old ones as my old sliding door panel was carpet lined and was secured using hidden clips.

If you can hang on a couple weeks ill send you some when panels come out my van

If it’s just more standard clips you need I’m sure someone will help you out or failing that if you have any local conversion companies they will prob have loads of them that they rip out of vehicles when converting

I had my door lock mechanism replaced under warranty and knew that the carpeted hardboard would be destroyed being removed, so took the opportunity to get an Iloc8 table. Took 5 mins to fit, and frees up loads of space as we don’t have to have the table up when driving.

Neil from ICampersolutions threw in the clips! Top man!

3255FF4C-87AD-4268-9D42-9CA3381FA98C.jpeg

Yes, those clips were the style.

I think the ones IcamperSolutions sent were 2nd hand genuine ones.

I’ve bought some aftermarket ones in the past and I didn’t find them as good as the VW ones.

The aftermarket ones had slightly smoother ‘barbs’ so didn’t seem to grip as aggressively as the genuine ones, which appeared to be moulded more accurately.

Could be worth trying @Pauly or VW directly?

Sorry to reopen the thread but my table keeps hitting the wheel arch, the ‘fir tree’ clips aren’t holding it properly hence it creeps out.

Were these the clips you were given as I can’t quite see in the photos?

Rear Panel Trim Clip (Pack Of 20) VW T4 1990–2003, T5 2003–2015, T6 2016 on - J18032

I’ve had the same issue, frankly the fir tree clips would be adequate if VW made a sliding door that doesn't need to be slammed shut to engage the latch!
I ended up with the table jamming against the wheel arch damaging the paint. The converter replaced the ply panel and fir tree clips but still I need to push the clips back into the door on a daily basis after closing the sliding door.
One of those PIA items that I’m living with until I find a better option.

I bought the Loc8 and went to my local VW commercial garage and picked replacements. The garage is only a few miles away so was a doddle. The original VW ones are easy to use (outer piece goes in then inner part pushes in and locks it in place) and can unscrew the central part to remove. Plus they were a much better match colour wise.

The Kiravans sliding door store uses 2 piece securing poppers, not fir tree clips (watch the installation video on their website). We have this, and no issues with it coming loose, despite multiple door slams.

Pete

Reactions: DXX
I'm looking at fitting one of these tables but still deciding if I cover the trim panel

Back