Sliding Door Handle Leak & Barn Door Trim

DM812

When it rains, the water is seeping into the door handle and leaking between the funnel and where it meets the sliding door. I’ve tried getting some sealant up there but isn’t easy to get fully sealed due to the location, any ideas? Not sure if replacing the handle will help as the seals seem poor…

87600809-FAAD-4D60-87F5-0365E920CAC3.jpeg935B81C5-5530-4673-BA51-BB9AE0E86ED4.jpeg

Also since carpeting and putting the rear door rubber trim on it now seems short, anyone know why?

98D1D385-7A59-49A8-9276-7918F3859103.jpeg

the white funnel inside the slider is stuck on with a bead of sealant. and a drain tube down to the bottom of the door.

the funnel is remove by sliding horizontally off two locating tags . .

drain tube come off?

sealant not complete?

have a look at this:

It looks to be trickling down from where the sealant should be doing it’s job.

Is it a replacement part job or can the seal be resealed?

the white funnel inside the slider is stuck on with a bead of sealant. and a drain tube down to the bottom of the door.

the funnel is remove by sliding horizontally off two locating tags . .

drain tube come off?

sealant not complete?

have a look at this:

Dell.
Any ideas of the part number of the white funnel or where I can find the info. Many thanks.
Steve.

that was after we stripped the slider down after the van got broken into.

not sure on the part number . . .

Online parts catalogues:

IFInterface

Программа ETKA, Program ETKA, ETKA онлайн, ETKA-онлайн, этка онлайн, этка-онлайн, ETKA online, ETKA-online, VOLKSWAGEN, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA, PORSCHE, ETKA, ETKA7, ETKA7.4, ETKA7.5, ETKA7.0, ETKA 7, ETKA 7.4, ETKA 7.5, ETKA 7.3, Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Фольксваген, Фольцваген, Ауди...

ifinterface.com

E.g. for T6 MY2018 navigate:
> Free Services > CarProg2
> English > Volkswagen > Europe+ (EU) > TR > 2018 J+ > (double click on) 7H-J 000 001
Then just navigate into the needed main group...
Can use browser's search function (e.g. ctrl-F in Firefox)

Back