Sliding door handle cable adjustment

Broadside

T6 LWB Shuttle 150ps manual MY17
VIP Member
T6 Guru
My kids are reporting problems of sometimes not being able to close the sliding by pulling the internal handle, having to pull the outer handle to release the catch that holds it open. Does anyone know if the amount of cable for the internal handle can be adjusted?

Using the internal handle pulls about 7mm of cable which is just about enough to release the stay open catch. Using the external handle pulls about 11mm of cable which releases the stay open catch easily.

Both of my sliding doors do this but the near side is noticeably worse. I haven’t looked inside yet but is this usually adjustable?

Picture with neither handle pulled
38F123F1-FFD3-41D2-8A48-2E4F0620BEBE.jpeg

Internal handle pulled
4C765BA9-59A0-4CE0-95BC-0F2B859A8697.jpeg

External handle pulled
3C4109AA-68C9-428C-8C6F-0C43A6398B25.jpeg

Cable marked with each handle pull
7724C365-210C-457B-956A-392DB4455C1B.jpeg

I've just had my van converted and now my slide door wont pull enough cable from the outer handle. Inside's fine, so the opposite way round from yours. Did you ever find a solution??

No I never did get to the bottom of it. Shortly after I posted this thread we started an extension on the house so the door problem is trivial compared to what I have been dealing with since! :p

When I’ve got a bit more time on my hands I may have a look but the problem has never got worse so we have just lived with it.

If you find anything out about adjustment please come back on here to update. :thumbsup:

Back