Sliding Bulkhead

IndyT6

Hi - I'm looking for some ideas for a LWB T6 PV

I'm going to upgrade the sound system, but probably not going to install subwoofer boxes in the back - rather units under the front seat/s.

To keep the sound pressure up in the cabin I've been thinking about a sliding bulk head and wondered if anyone has done it before.

Thoughts as follows.

Install a fixed panel that is 50% of the floor to roof height - fix using existing mounts.
Build an additional panel that matches the contour of the roof and create some "channels" or similar on the first panel so the second can be slid up (seperating the cabin from the back) or slid down - enabling access to the back.

Challenges as I see it.

- weight - both panels would need to be thick to avoid them vibrating.
- keeping the upper panel securely in place
- runners / channel. right now I think something very very basic would be least likely to rattle - but wondering if anyone has done this before.

Appreciate any ideas / tips!

I've done similar to my kombi. I'll grab a few pics tomorrow.
Pretty much 2/3rds is fixed on the drivers side and the pass side slides across to fit sheet materials In etc.
Carpeted 12mm ply to stop any rattles and sat in a little channels made from battens.

Awesome - that would be great to see what you've done there. The penny dropped last night that this might affect whether I can have swivel seats. 'every action has a reaction...etc etc!"

Here's a few badly taken pics. I've had the single seat out this week to get full sheets in.
Excuse the Friday afternoon throw everything in the back before the school collection mess:confused:.
The sliding setup works quite well on the kombi. Maybe a hinged setup might suit your needs better?

PXL_20210326_154943075.jpg

PXL_20210326_154937568.jpg

PXL_20210326_154901534.jpg

PXL_20210326_154816526.jpg

PXL_20210326_154222935.jpg

Looks really good...and keeps it front up quiet when it’s closed. Cheers for sharing the pictures mate - it’s good to see how this stuff can actually be done and still look good. I

Back