Foam backing on panels

jamob

Hi all,

I'm about to carpet line my interior. While I'm doing it is it worth adding some 2/3mm ccf foam to the back of the panels? Has anyone done this? Just thinking it will eliminate any sqeaks and rattles. Although will it affect may secret fixings?

I have already fully sound deadened and insulated the sides and roof.

I'm just going to use my original panels rather than ply

Thanks

James

Hi all,

I'm about to carpet line my interior. While I'm doing it is it worth adding some 2/3mm ccf foam to the back of the panels? Has anyone done this? Just thinking it will eliminate any sqeaks and rattles. Although will it affect may secret fixings?

Thanks

James
Presumably your carpet line will overlap the edge of the panels, so I don’t think you will get much benefit from lining the panels.

Presumably your carpet line will overlap the edge of the panels, so I don’t think you will get much benefit from lining the panels.
True dat! But I did back all my panels in high density foam for added sound/heat insulation. Don't know if it'll make a difference, but full coverage of dodo, with HD foam over, then wool, then HD foam on the back of the liner has gotta be good.

Hi all,

Thanks

James
The hidden clips will still work fine. I got the ones from THQ and did exactly what you're saying. Go for it.

Back