Sliding Bed Smoothness

MishMash

Hey guys, has anyone got any hints or hacks to make our sliding bed smoother please? We have a couple mm gap between each slat and we've washers under every-other slat to offset the rubbing underneath but we're still struggling to get it moving in the first place.

Has anyone used any oil/wax/grease etc on theirs to smooth it out further? I just can't figure out what I'm missing

20230621_095612.jpg

20230621_095641.jpg

20230621_095650.jpg

I don’t have any experience with type of bed but a steel washer isn’t going to be very effective at reducing friction.
How about trying some PTFE sheet of the correct thickness, cut to size to fill the area to spread the load.

Thanks but the washers are there to raise the height of alternate slats otherwise the whole thing definitely would be stuck together! They move with the 'moving slats' - they're not there to be slid over as such.

PTFE sheet might not be a bad shout in another place though

Thanks but the washers are there to raise the height of alternate slats otherwise the whole thing definitely would be stuck together! They move with the 'moving slats' - they're not there to be slid over as such.

PTFE sheet might not be a bad shout in another place though
I meant to replace the washers with PTFE sheet but a bigger area, keeping the same height.

Thanks, but like I say the washers are there purely to create a gap. Replacing them with PTFE sheet (or anything else) of the same height won't achieve anything in this instance unfortunately

Candle wax. Rub a white candle on the areas with excess friction to coat the wood with a layer of cold candle wax. Works wonders on stiff zippers too I hear.

Candle wax. Rub a white candle on the areas with excess friction to coat the wood with a layer of cold candle wax. Works wonders on stiff zippers too I hear.
Yeah I actually read that somewhere after posting here. Will be giving that a go this weekend ..... if I can figure out where the bloody rubbing is coming from

Cheers

Back