Sliding Bed Options

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
We’ve made the [expensive] decision that a sliding bed is better suited to our needs.

I had been advised the fixed Rib beds are the best before we made the decision to move to sliding (due to the fact you sleep on the underside of the seat).

Can anyone share experiences with sliding bed manufacturers?

thanks

We’ve made the [expensive] decision that a sliding bed is better suited to our needs.

I had been advised the fixed Rib beds are the best before we made the decision to move to sliding (due to the fact you sleep on the underside of the seat).

thanks
Can’t fault the Reimo variotec 3000. It’s as comfy as our bed at home. Easy to operate & has a very useful storage drawer underneath.

We used Streamline Auto Beds for ours: Streamline Auto-Beds

There are some pictures in our build thread: T6 SWB camper build

This bed is at the cheaper end of the market, and fitting is free. Fortunately we live quite close to where they operate from. We are very happy with ours. We use a memory foam type mattress on top, and a thin mattress topper - firm but comfortable, even for long trips. The only downside of ours is that you need to be quite strong to put it back into seat mode - I doubt my wife could do it on her own.

Pete

Got an ex California rail seat system with a folding foam topper mattress, great for two average sized adults.
I’ve even managed a good nights sleep on it without any mattress or bedding (beer helps).
It takes approx 40 seconds to convert from rear seat to bed with mattress and bedding in place.
The seat locks in multiple positions on the rails and the seat back reclines to one fixed point if desired. The head rests fold back to give unspoilt rear view if no rear passengers. Isofix points if needed.
Spacious full width steel sliding drawer under the seat.
I haven’t tried to remove it from the van but it’s going to be heavy. With the seat in the fully forward position I have 1.58m from the rear of the seat at floor level to the tailgate threshold front edge.

Got an ex California rail seat system with a folding foam topper mattress, great for two average sized adults.
I’ve even managed a good nights sleep on it without any mattress or bedding (beer helps).
It takes approx 40 seconds to convert from rear seat to bed with mattress and bedding in place.
The seat locks in multiple positions on the rails and the seat back reclines to one fixed point if desired. The head rests fold back to give unspoilt rear view if no rear passengers. Isofix points if needed.
Spacious full width steel sliding drawer under the seat.
I haven’t tried to remove it from the van but it’s going to be heavy. With the seat in the fully forward position I have 1.58m from the rear of the seat at floor level to the tailgate threshold front edge.
Thanks DXX, I did think about an ex California bed but finding one has been difficult.
I think now I've made the decision to go with a fixed bed that's a little larger I'm happier:)

Have researched this for 18 months and came to the conclusion that the reimo system was best for me. just having the conversion done at the moment!

Have researched this for 18 months and came to the conclusion that the reimo system was best for me. just having the conversion done at the moment!
I really like the look of the Reimo, just way out of my price range:devil:

thanks
Try this company Silver Surf Conversions

Camper Pics 1812.JPG

Back