Sleeping arrangements with awning attached

Crallc

Hi all,
Just bought a camper for me, the wife and our 3 kids. The eldest will be sleeping in an annexe on the drive away awning. I'm wonder when we all go to bed would we leave the camper door open or close it on a night?

Sends on ventilation and breezeand breeze. should leave crack in somewhere anyway to stop caper build up and co2. There are security vents sold by VW for the windows, or you can keep e them down a inch a with a wind reflector on them.m

The eldest will be sleeping in an annexe on the drive away awning. I'm wonder when we all go to bed would we leave the camper door open or close it on a night?
What are your concerns - security, alarm, vehicle battery discharge, air flow..?

In summer, we always leave the sliding door open when sleeping with the drive-away on. If you’re thinking of security, it’s no different to sleeping in a tent.

Thanks all, I was thinking we should leave it open as ita part of the tent. I think we are wondering about the heater that will be set to on/off through the night and where it will keep the area warm if door is open to the tent.

Diesel heater? Be mindful where your heater exhausts to - with regards to the gases flowing in to the awning and subsequently in to the van.

Diesel heater? Be mindful where your heater exhausts to - with regards to the gases flowing in to the awning and subsequently in to the van.
That’s always a concern when an awning is attached. Locate the tail of your exhaust. (I’d even consider having an extension on the exhaust to make sure it is venting away from sliding door)

Back