Slam Vents..

Kev_

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all,

I'm looking to carpet my van tomorrow. Just taping the holes up and wondered if any are necessary for the slam vents? Or when people ply line do they add holes like the factory pannels to allow the air to pass?

Cheers,

Kev

I queried this just last week before finishing off my carpet job. I had read about the air pressure preventing the tailgate from closing properly but on asking the question it appeared to be a rare occurrence.
I can confirm that since covering the holes with carpetted plywood (and bulking up the tailgate with Silent coat) it closes just fine.

The problem is if you leave nay holes then air will pass through it and your carpet will act like a filter and clog up with dust
It does make it slightly tougher to close tailgate/slide door but its not a huge difference as its never going to be properly air tight

Cheers guys! I hadn't considered the carpet acting as a filter and causing circles of dust.

I'm converting my T6 panel van and wondering how everyone got around panelling in the anti slam vent on the sliding door or did you just accept it's slightly harder to shut the door? I'm thinking possibly l will drill holes in the rear ply panel and cover with carpet and hopefully the air can still get through the carpet??

Mine has been covered by the ply and carpet panel and I find the doors difficult to close, especially the sliding door and tailgate. They need a big slam if all the other doors/windows are shut. I’m considering cutting a section out of the panel and covering with a tidy vent. Need to take a closer look to see if that’s feasible.

I had some ceiling chrome speakers that I cranked up too much ,removed the speaker part and uses the shell.
Works great and looks good,may be you coul do something similar?

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

Back