Skyline Roofs North

sofakingwrong

T6 Pro
Thought id pop this up for others looking at roofs and fitters in the north, i went looking for this sort info when deciding. Been looking at the skyline roofs for a while and thought id give them a call, there prices seem good and straight forward with no hidden costings and the few that have had them fitted only have good reviews for them. After chatting with Micheal there he invited me up to there workshop near beamish. I met all the lads working there and they demonstrated their roofs and showed me there premises work and options. Any doubts i had were gone and I pretty much placed my order there. I went for LWB roof in VW metallic black with the roof rack load rated to 60kg, Lights, Solar panel fitted but not wired in yet as i still have to do my interior and the bifold roof bed all lined and finished to use straight away.

IMG_2969 2.JPG

IMG_2983 2.JPG

View attachment 19052

View attachment 19053

IMG_2985.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

The duration my van was in the workshop i recieved regular updates and pictures. The van roof was finished early allowing me to use it to pop over to the netherlands for a week they normally ask for a three day turn around.
I got a call halfway through works as i hadn't originally specced metallic black but the lads in workshop thought id spent the money to have a onyx van it would look better than the dull matt i originally asked for, so credit where its due as i probably wouldn't of been happy with the finished colour.

When it was finished and i went to collect the lads demonstrated everything fully and even gave the van a quick wash to remove any workshop dust etc. Like i said before price wise it was all as advertised so you can work it all out.
I still need to pop back over and get a memory foam matrress to use in the bed and due to the weather haven't really had it up or used it but i will update this when i get around to fitting my heater and let others know about the long term usage of my new roof. Its not leaked yet and i've been through some pretty wet and snowy weather.

Back