Skyline pop top roofs

We have one. Mixed experience with Skyline though, we love the scenic colour canvas but the first time we put it up, there was a hole in the canvas and one of the retaining hooks to hold the scenic part open just came off. Skyline fitted a new canvas no problem but then that leaked around the stitching in the corners because the waterproofing tape wasn’t accurately applied, their solution was to ask the converter to smear silicon over the seams.
We ordered our roof with the solar panel fitted and supplied by Skyline but the panel broke during its second year (actually during the first but couldn’t prove it until we got a Victron controller). It was pretty expensive to buy from them but turns out it was the cheapest available from the manufacturer they got it from (so there was a pretty hefty mark up charged) and they supplied it with a charge controller that wasn’t capable of handling the size of panel. They weren’t interested in helping out at all. In the end, our conversion company gave us free fitting on a new panel and they are no longer dealing with Skyline following other issues they had with them.
Hopefully we are a rarity.

I’m in Notts mate just off the a52 and have a skyline, your welcome to have a look at it but we love it

we pondered over all makes and this just came out trumphs for us

View attachment 75268
Thanks for the offer pal. The place in Derby where I'm thinking of having it done has one too which I'm looking at soon. Just waiting for the funds to clear now so it looks like a no brainer.

Thanks for all the comments guys, seems like the majority are saying they are decent. Let's hope the problem above was a one off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the offer pal. The place in Derby where I'm thinking of having it done has one too which I'm looking at soon. Just waiting for the funds to clear now so it looks like a no brainer.
Is that Dario at cosmic campers? I was going to him but found him quite pushy so chose to drive to skyline hq in Westen and leave it with them

Sadly not no, that said I have the California vango mattress so going to try and deflate it and try again when we go away
Just an update on the skyline aurora roof. According to Chris at Skyline, WSM you can leave the mattress in the roof when you put it down.

Just an update on the skyline aurora roof. According to Chris at Skyline, WSM you can leave the mattress in the roof when you put it down.
I can’t see how as it doesn’t stay up in mine? But I do have the bifold bed if that makes a difference

I can’t see how as it doesn’t stay up in mine? But I do have the bifold bed if that makes a difference
I think I need to definitely confirm he was talking about the Aurora roof before I put in my order. Really surprised they said they could fit the roof next month, I was expecting a longer wait.

I think I need to definitely confirm he was talking about the Aurora roof before I put in my order. Really surprised they said they could fit the roof next month, I was expecting a longer wait.
You having it done at Weston? Mine took 3 days in total

You could probably leave their memory foam mattress in the Aurora, but I tried one out and the foam just wasn't thick enough to be comfortable so it went back, I now use an inflatable air mattress from Decathlon, Check Stock in local store! it is very comfortable, fits really well and can be left up there when deflated if you turn it around so the valve is at the front end when the roof is down and the sides are folded in to clear any hinges and potential pokey bits.

Is that Dario at cosmic campers? I was going to him but found him quite pushy so chose to drive to skyline hq in Westen and leave it with them
No. I have been speaking to camperworx off Ascot drive. They seem really decent to be honest

We had our Aurora fitted by Dario at Cosmic Campervans in Derby, definitely recommend the roof and Dario's workmanship .

We look at a lot of roofs before hand and decided the skyline was the best in terms of quality/price. Some of the cheaper roofs were really poor quality in terms of materials and the more expensive brands we saw didn't seem to warrant the extra ££££.

IMG_20200414_194535.jpg

Thanks. I can’t see anything on their website.
I spoke to Michael at Skyline North on Monday. It has a mention on Skyline's Facebook page. I think they are making sure everything is spot on before publicly announcing any confirmed dates etc.

Back