Side sliding windows

Para J

T6 Pro
Hi all. Just back from 2 fantastic weeks in Cornwall. While there sliding windows both leaked again. Really fed up so called JCT 600 and got booked in for this morning. End result back in on the 8 th of May for two new windows in. While there had another soft wear up date.

Gosh! My sliding door one leaks, perhaps she should go back too?
Both mine have leaked on and off since I got the van. I'm was fed up of trying to keep the drain holes clean I just hope the new windows will do the trick. Fingers crossed.

Both mine have leaked on and off since I got the van. I'm was fed up of trying to keep the drain holes clean I just hope the new windows will do the trick. Fingers crossed.
Are they complete newly designed Windows?

Hi sorry it's taken so long to get back. Don't know if there different. I will post after I get them done.
Paul J

My van is in for it's service today. One window leaks occasionally ( I have learnt to keep up with the cleaning out of the drain holes) but it's the rattling of said window and the fact that the kids can't open it or close it ( and most adults) that needs fixing. I have a strong suspicion nothing will be done, has my original T5 had the same problems. That was 11 years ago.

If it has a problem being opened and closed, and leaks.. It's a fault that's covered under warranty m8.. They have to fix or replace!

I agree, I even gave them notice so they can get the replacement part in, but we are talking about VW here. Stone, Blood. Rearrange at will.

Threaten them with solicitors letter under trading stds should get things moving a bit.. As its your rights...

Well, the dealers have had a look and are now sending off a report to VW, who say yeah or nay to warranty work. They gave it a blast with the power wash and it leaked nicely and the comment on the rattle was " that's a bit noisy ". We'll see. I'll keep you all in the loop.

Mine is only occasional leak. What do I need to do regards drain holes?

Mine is only occasional leak. What do I need to do regards drain holes?
Hi Buggirl. Try pipe cleaners. That's the advise from my dealer and it does help. You can get them from hobbycraft. As for dealers JCT 600 are York where I take Sandy had a quick look and told me they needed him for two days and that they had ordered two new windows. All under warranty. Guess I've got a good dealer.

Well, the dealers have had a look and are now sending off a report to VW, who say yeah or nay to warranty work. They gave it a blast with the power wash and it leaked nicely and the comment on the rattle was " that's a bit noisy ". We'll see. I'll keep you all in the loop.

Both my sliders leaked and VW changed them under warranty, the Van Centre technician said that this was the only way to fix them!!

There are no differences between th T5 and T6 sliding windows. VW has had problems with leaky windows from way back in 2003. Unfortunately the only sure fire way to solve it is to cut out the entire unit and replace under warranty however as you would guess vw are reluctant to do this. In my experience they normally just replace the sliding unit. If they offer to do this I would insist they test it infront of you with a hose.

My conversion guy told me not to buy a Kombi for camper conversion and just get a panel. one of the reasons being so I didn't get VW sliders and he could fit aftermarket ones as he knows they don't leak!!!

Only problem with aftermarket Windows is the slider bit doesn't sit flush! I really don't like them. It's a function over form debate I guess, but for the actual amount of time they do physically leak versus how good they look, I can live with it. Plus the idea of someone other than VW cutting holes in the van is scary. My T5 was a converted panel and mine along with others also done by professional converters eventually started developing slight rust under the Windows after 4 years. You then have to get it all stripped back and repainted. Guess it depends on how long you are intending to keep the van if you go down that route.

..and how well your van is converted!!!!! If mine rusts after 4 years I'll go nuts. But I know with the work done it won't. I do agree on the visual piece with the factory flush window!!!

Back